38.

HARLOW POV

Summer wanted to throw me a baby shower. Telling her that it wasn't necessary but summer did what she wanted anyway. It wasn't a surprise so I was there while she and some other people decorated.

Not wanting to be on my feet too much. But I was somewhat helping. "So is stone going to make an appearance?".

"In the end. He doesn't feel like baby showers are for men" I said.

"He's right in a way. But it's a new era. Men are allowed at baby showers" she said.

"Well he'll be here" I said.

"Kai was at all three of my baby showers" she said.

"I'm not surprised at all" I joked.

"Is Salem coming?" She asked.

I shrugged "no clue. If she does or if she doesn't... wouldn't matter to me".

"If she doesn't show up will your dad come?" Thats a very good question "I don't know. I'm not putting any high expectations on him or Salem". After two hours the place was finally done. My mom showed up bringing the food. That's one thing I requested was that we got my mom to cook. Not wanting outside food.

Clapping my hands "food!". My mom laughed "someone better help me". Summer went to take the trays and place them on the table. I walked over peeking into the pan and seeing all my favorite dishes. My mouth was watering!.

Feeling my moms hand on my stomach "how's the mystery baby?!".

"Hungry?!" I whined.

"Poor baby! Do you want me to fix you a sample plate?" She asked.

I nodded "you're the best!".

Sitting at the empty bar area I went in on my food. Nothing like a home cooked meal. "Is stone coming?".

"Yes, when it's over. He feels that baby showers are for females only. Not a manly thing. But he'll be here when it's close to being over" I said.

Summer walked over "Harlow here's your dress. I got you a yellow one. Since the baby is being stubborn like it's mommy".

"We got jokes" I smiled.

"It's the truth" she said. Going into the bathroom to change. Walking out I felt huge. Or maybe the dress was the wrong size. Summer saw me and made a face "either you got bigger in the last hour or that dress ain't it".

"I second that motion" I said.

"Well it's the only thing that's here. So just try and be comfortable for now" she said.

That's when people started walking in. Bianca smiled as she saw me. "Wow someone looks tight".

"Don't remind me!" I joked.

"Aww poor baby is causing mommy distress.." she smiled.

"You don't know the half of it.." I joked.

"Where's stone? Shouldn't he be here?" She asked.

"He has this concept that baby showers are females only" I said.

"Well he has a point" she said.

"But he's going to come at the end" I said.

"As long as he makes an appearance at his baby's baby shower!" She said. We walked around talking and mingling. Laughing and just having a good time. It made me forget how uncomfortable this dress was.

//

Moments later after games were played and the food was eaten. Summer had me sitting in the chair to open gifts. Seeing stone walk in with a smile "what I miss?".

"Nothing but good food!" I said.

He bent down and kissed me "then I came right in time. Gifts?!".

I nodded "here pull up a seat. You can help me". Summer had put all the gifts around me so Stone could just grab them and handle it to me. Looking around as I'm showing off what I got. I noticed Salem nor my dad is here. Not surprised. But I'm a little sad.

Putting on a fake smile for the crowd. Stone looked at me "you okay?". He always knew when I was faking it.

"Umm yeah" I smiled.

After I was done I just sat in the chair. My mom walked over to me "hello stone!". He smiled and nodded at her.

"Mom where's Salem and dad?" I asked.

She shrugged "I don't know. When I left the house Salem was getting ready and they were coming together".

"Well they're not here. What happened?" I asked.

"I honestly don't know" she said.

"Let's not worry about that. Just enjoy your day today. In celebration for our little one" stone said. He already can see the binge eating I'm planning to do when we get home. He pulled me into him hugging me. My mom looked sad for me.