63.

BIANCA POV

just because...

I've been trying to reach Harlow all damn day

I've been trying to reach Harlow all damn day. The girl is the worst to ever get in contact with. I get that she's a new mom and all but even still she don't answer the phone.

Getting out my Uber ride I walked into the Starbucks. Ordering my drink I waited. Seeing Ryan walk inside. Our eyes met. He smiled and walked over to me "hey".

"Hey mister bad man" I joked.

"Bad man? Nah not me" he smiled.

"Not from what I heard! You working for stone now?" I asked.

"Damn straight to the point!" He smiled.

"Yup!" I smiled.

"But yeah! I am! Been working for him for years but it was either that or jail time" he said.

"Wow! So Stone was telling the truth" I said.

He nodded "yeah I heard Harlow know now. How upset was she?".

I shrugged "I mean not as mad as she normally would be. But I think the whole Salem thing sort stole your shine".

A silence filled the space between us. The barista handed me my drink "well I'll see you around". Walking out the store I stood there. He came out "you need a ride?".

"You have a car? Since when? The last car was totaled" I said. He pointed to the Lexus parked up from the store. "Oh okay I see you" I joked. He opened my door until I was inside. This car was nice.

He started up the car and sped off "so where am I taking you?".

"Oh I'm going back to campus" I said.

"How is school going?" He asked.

"I have one more year to go! And I can't wait" I said.

"What are you studying?" He asked.

"Environmental health" I said.

"Oh okay... education is very important" he said.

"Coming from the man who didn't want to go to college?" I asked.

"Well yeah... that's why I stress Harlow to finish school. New mom and all but she can juggle both" he said.

"Harlow is good though. School I think is too easy for her" I joked.

Moments later he pulled up to my school "by the way thank you. Even though you didn't have too".

He smiled "I wanted to".

"Aww, look at Ryan being super nice all of a sudden" I teased.

"What can I say..." he smiled.

"If you see Harlow can you tell her to call me?!" I said.

"Stone's been trying to reach her too but he can't. Should we be worried?" He asked.

"This is Harlow we are talking about. She can handle herself in many ways than one" I said.

"True you have a point" he said.

"Thanks again" I smiled. He nodded and I got out. That whole car ride was weird. Ryan has never been that nice to me. Ever! But it saved me money from getting an Uber.

//

RYAN POV

Parked outside the Starbucks I saw when Bianca walked inside. Now usually I don't do this but Bianca has grown over the years. She's grown a lot over the years. Curves and all. Being Harlow's best friend I kept my distance. But she's older now.

When I walked inside we both saw each other. What else can I do? So I struck up conversation. She's always been the talkative type. When it got quiet I knew she would leave. So I did the one thing that'll keep her longer in my presence... I offered her a ride back to school.

Bianca was still the same. She loves to laugh and tease. Still the same fun girl she's always been and she's smart too. A win, win for me.

Once I dropped her off I just watched her go inside. She has no idea.. none. I'll have to take my time with this one.  But in the mean time I needed to see where Harlow was. Maybe Bianca was right... if anything Harlow can handle herself. But to put my mind to rest I'll have to see if I can locate her.