71.

Continued...

NO ONE POV

Iyanla went on the search for Gia and Harlow. Before she was about to walk into the room she witnessed Harlow embracing her mother. In a comforting way. That brought a smile to her face. Knocking on the door "may I?".

Gia sat up wiping her eyes "sure".

Slowly walking inside the room Iyanla smiled "what I just saw was beautiful. Mother and daughter comforting each other".

Harlow smiled "my mom is hurt. I couldn't let her be alone".

"Miss Harlow you must be the closet to your mother. I say this because out of all the children you came to her rescue" Iyanla said.

"Yeah I would say so" Harlow grabbed her mother's hand into hers "my mom is my best friend". Gia sniffled and smiled "really?".

Harlow nodded "you've always been there for me. Even when I was scared to tell you I was pregnant. You never turned me away".

Gia cried some more while hugging Harlow "I would never judge any of my children. I know what that feels like".

"Gia tell me... what are you feeling? As Delano admitted to what he's done" Iyanla asked.

"I'm hurt. Betrayed once again. He took away a beautiful soul. K didn't do anything wrong to deserve that to happen to him" Gia said.

"Delano did what he did out of irrational thinking. Also out of selfish reasonings. He saw the one thing he would always have slipping out of his fingers" she said.

"Doesn't give him the right to take away someone else because he was losing control" Harlow chimed in.

"There... losing control. Delano was completely I'm losing control and he lost it" Iyanla said.

"But wait didn't dad cheat on you with bria? So what makes that okay?" Harlow asked. Iyanla nodded "let's go back and discuss more". Gia stood up and Harlow intertwined her arm with hers. Approaching the table Gia sat down but didn't look at Delano.

"Alright! After that confession from Delano. Let's first start by saying... Delano what you did was completely wrong. Taking another persons life is wrong. But you also reacted because you were losing control of Gia. You couldn't have that happen. So you eliminated the problem without any remorse" she said.

Delano didn't say anything.

"But Miss Harlow brought up a question. Harlow please repeat the question you asked?" Iyanla asked.

"All I said was if you could cheat on mom with bria for a while. How come her being with K bothered you so much. It's like you can do what you want but mom can't?" She asked.

Iyanla turned to Delano "so let's talk about bria".

"Here we go" Ryan mumbled.

Gia sighed "bria was my best friend but then found out she was my sister. But the relationship we had was toxic. Very toxic! I was so busy in what I was going through that I couldn't see her for her".

"You were too busy to see a person for who they were?" Iyanla asked.

Gia nodded slowly.

"Or were you in denial about who she was?" Iyanla asked.

Gia didn't answer.

"So Delano... you couldn't help yourself?!. Why did you feel the need to cheat? And before you answer this. Think carefully. I don't want to hear the same tired excuses of how you weren't happy at home" she said.

Delano shrugged "I don't know".

"Oh so bria just approached you and took advantage of you?" She asked.

"No" he said.

"So what happened? I could only imagine you were keeping tabs on Gia. Yes, I know you're type" she smiled.

"There really wasn't a real reason" he said.

"Let's start here. Did you find bria attractive?" She asked.

Delano looked a little uncomfortable "yes. I mean she was a pretty woman".

"I wonder if the attraction was always there but you distracted the feeling with Gia. Just a thought" she said.

"No gia... I've always had a deep connection with her. Bria couldn't top that" he said.

"Then why did you sleep with her?" She asked.

Delano couldn't answer.  Gia didn't even look at him. And Harlow was shaking her head. Ryan looked completely tuned out.

"If I could... maybe I could give you a reason on why you cheated. Well that connection you feel with Gia was one sided and you know that. But Gia has always been cold towards you. Not loving as you wished for her to be with you. Now... bria comes along or has always been there knowing how the relationship is. It's really not that hard to manipulate someone who's giving out emotional neediness. She fed upon that and used it against you. And you melted right into her hand. She stroked that ego of yours. That's the one thing Gia never did" she said.

Everyone was silent.

"When cheating comes its way into a relationship it's the bandaid that can't say on. As much as you replace the band aid with a new one it won't stick. The relationship will always be broken. The trust is broken" she said.

She turned to Gia "have you forgiven Delano for cheating?".

"No" she lowly said.

"Didn't expect you to. And Delano still doesn't forgive you for stepping out emotionally with another guy. I don't know how you both managed to stay together when the trust was no longer around holding the foundation together so you both wouldn't sink" she said.

Again the table was quiet.