70.

Continued...

NO ONE POV

"Delano it's not like that" Gia said. It was too late his feelings were slightly hurt from what she said before. Iylana shook her head "Gia could you say to me with a straight face that you love Delano".

Gia turned to Delano and back at Iyanla. Harlow sucked her teeth "why is this important? They been together a long time. So it's obvious mom loves dad".

Iyanla smiled "miss harlow there's a difference between being in love and loving the idea of love".

"Whatever" she said.

"Now Gia back to the question I asked... it's either yes or no" Iyanla said.

Gia sighed "I do love Delano".

"Are you sure? It took you a while to answer" she said.

"She has a point. I wouldn't hesitate to answer that question for you" Delano said.

"Dad has a point. If it was summer or myself we would've jumped to answer the question" Kai chimed in.

Summer cleared her throat "speak for yourself".

Kai turned to summer surprised. Iyanla "I can't wait to help you both!". Gia looked uncomfortable. "Gia listen to me... I honestly don't believe you love Delano. That's just my opinion. But I do believe you are in love with the idea of Delano".

Gia didn't respond.

"Let me explain. Being in love with someone the feeling is intense. You always want to be with this person. They are the only ones that matter. They call you you drop everything. But seeing the man Delano is... he's very persistent, controlling, if you leave him today he will be chasing after you. You love that feeling because you never experienced that from anyone" she said.

Harlow nodded "yup. Like when dad kidnapped us cause you were going to divorce him. As we got to the location they were teasing one another it was strange".

"Miss Harlow it may be strange for you. But for them it's normal. This is their thing. Always has been. From the first time your dad abused his power" Iyanla said.

"Now Gia has their been anyone you can say you truly loved?" She asked.

"My children" she answered.

"Yes but I can bet that Delano wasn't your only relationship. You're a beautiful woman" Iyanla said.

"Tell her about K" Delano said.

"Who's K?" She asked.

"K was a friend of mine who was very sweet and caring. The man would give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. He was there for me when I was battling postpartum depression after I had kai. Can't really say anything bad about him" Gia said.

"I can" Delano mumbled.

"See the way you spoke about this man who was your friend? I felt love there. Genuine love" Iyanla said.

Delano shifted in his seat crossing his arms over this chest "but I'm the one you're with. So he doesn't matter anymore".

"Delano tell me how it feels when hearing about Gia's friend K?" She asked.

"How else can I feel? The woman I love was with someone else. Now I still believe they slept together at some point but Gia swears they didn't. Never heard of a man who leaves a friend all his assets and all they did was kiss. Makes no sense!".

Gia rolled her eyes "here we go, again".

"Dang your parents need their own reality show" summer whispered to Kai.

"I mean If Gia says they didn't do anything but kiss you'll have to trust and believe she's telling the truth" Iyanla said.

"You know I tried to remove him from the picture. It just took longer than I expected" Delano said. Gia turned to him "say what?".

"You heard me" Delano said.

Ryan facepalmed himself. Harlow shook her head. Kai and summer has their mouths open. "You didn't just say you took K out?! Or am I hearing things?!"

"Well since the cat is out of the bag... one I always knew about K. I just pretended not to know about him. Two... figuring he would just go away because you were taken by someone else. But no! He stayed and kept it going. But I also knew he was sick. Knew all about his appointments and doctors he goes to. With enough research you can find anything. Anyway... with some great persuasion I got in the hospital and switched one of his chemo bags... a few times. So let's just say I sped up the process!".

Everyone was stunned. The table was quiet.

"Thinking once he gets going then you'll forget about him. But he had to get the last laugh... leaving Gia all his assets" he continued.

Gia got up from the table and stormed out the room. Iyanla looked as Gia stormed out "didn't think this family would have this much juicy secrets!".

"Dad you just told mom you technically killed K! Are you crazy?!" Ryan asked.

"It had to be said. She would've found out at some point" he said.

"Damn dad! Really?! Moms friend?!" Kai asked.

"Had to protect what was mine. He wouldn't go away. So I technically made him go a little faster" he said.

"Wow! Can't believe you!" Harlow said. She got up and went to check on her mother. "Oh now I'm the bad guy for wanting to take back what was always mine?!".

"Delano Gia is not a material thing. She is a person. The way you speak of her as if she's your personal belonging. Have you ever asked her how K treated her? Why she always kept going back to him?. I can bet it's because he treated her as a person" Iyanla said.

"I'm done speaking about someone who's dead" Delano said.

"Well Delano has closed himself up" she smiled. She also got up "I'll be back! Let me go check up on miss Gia first". Making her way out the room.