36.

HARLOW POV

Damn the RA! I couldn't believe it. And now they are saying it's a homicide. Like, I know she was really annoying but not enough to die. Wow! Just wow! They're some crazy people in this world.

Gathering my stuff together and getting a treat so take with me. These classes are three hours long. I don't want to get light headed again like the last time. Walking out the door I took the elevator down to the lobby. That's when I saw stone with his men. Examining the scene. He looked up and saw me. I didn't want to distract him. But leave it up to stone he'll put the whole thing on hold for me.

He walked up to me smiling "hey".

"Hey" I smiled.

Now it's no secret stone and I are dating. Even his men knew we were together. He kissed me "what's up?".

"Did you hear anything about what happened?" I asked.

He leaned in "apparently they said it was a homicide but we found a suicide note. Poor thing killed herself. But don't tell anyone. I shouldn't be discussing the case with you".

I nodded "wow! Who would've known she was suicidal".

"Exactly! But at least you don't have to worry about her constantly harassing you anymore" he said.

"I guess" that comment wasn't a good thing to say since she just killed herself yesterday. Leaving him be I walked out to get to class. He'll be gone by the time I get out.

"Harlow are you working today?" He asked. Stopping in my tracks I turned and shrugged "why?".

"You haven't been at work in a while. Come work today and tomorrow" he said.

I nodded "okay". As if stone doesn't see enough of me. Weird that he wants me to work.

//

After my classes were all done I didn't even go back to my room. I went straight to the precinct. Opening the door all the guys were there. They all said hello and I took a seat at my desk.

Feels odd that I haven't been here in weeks. Not by choice but stone didn't want me to have anymore added stress other than school. Hence why I thought it was so weird he wanted me to work today.

Glancing at his office his door that was closed but I heard him in there talking to someone. Minding my business I went to do what I was suppose to do. At the copying machine which happens to be right next to stones office. Waiting for the machine to warm up to start printing. That's when I heard a Big Bang which made me jump. Things crashed to the floor.

His door flew open and a man ran out. Stone came out his office mean mugging the hell out of what happened. He turned to me and smiled "hey!".

"Hey..." I said.

"Thank you for coming in today" he said.

"Yeah no problem! And what the hell was going on in here?!" I asked.

He laughed "oh nothing! I handled it".

"Apparently" I said.

"Don't worry about it. Plus, I have a surprise. Come over tonight. Can't wait for you to see it!" He smiled.

"Oh boy! What did you get me?!" I asked.

"You'll have to wait and see" he said.

//

That night he covered my eyes as we walked into his spare room. This room wasn't used. But it had some things in it as storage. Always told him he could use this room as a guest room or something. But stone is a man. Their listening skills aren't the best.

"Ready?" He asked.

I nodded "come on the suspense is making me hungry". He uncovered my eyes to a crib and rocking chair next to it. I smiled big "this wasn't here last night!".

"It came in this morning" he said.

"Wow! Thank you!" I said. He watched me sit in the rocking chair "you look beautiful". Here comes the wave of emotions. "You're going to make me cry" I whined.

"It's okay! As long as you're happy" he said.

"Oh I am" I said.

"More things should be coming this week. A dresser and changing table. Along with some toys too" I said.

"Geez, you didn't have to buy everything! That's what a baby shower is for" I said.

"Oh well I wasn't sure you were having one. But I mean the more the better" he said.

"True, but wow! So it's real. A baby will be here very soon" I said. He nodded "yup. This room will no longer be a storage room. Now it's the baby's room".