81.

In the meantime...

STONE POV

"Mason... you can't flip off of that!" I yelled. He laughed and immediately ran off. Looking around to see if I could spot Mya and Maliah. That's when I heard a scream. Turning my head I saw them both in the ball pit.

"Bentley... I want to give you many siblings but I don't know. It may be too much" I said.

I'm all for fixing ones self. If you feel therapy will be helpful to what the problem is... then by all means go for it. From what I know... Harlow has some issues she needed to deal with. Now with her family... I'm not sure how bad it is. Harlow doesn't really speak about that aspect of her life too much.

All three kids came running over all hot and sweaty. "Are you guys finished?" I asked.

They all nodded "we are hungry".

I nodded "let's go eat" I said.

Taking them to a small cafe not to far from the play area. These kids are something else. "Stone can I ask you something?" Mya asked.

"Sure what's up?" I asked.

"Do you love Harlow?" She asked.

I smiled "of course I do".

"Oh good!" She smiled.

The waitress came up the table "welcome— wow! single dad?".

"Oh no!" I said. Looking around the table you saw three kids on one side and myself and Bentley on the other.

"Someone definitely mixed the gene pool" she said.

"Hey! Can you not do that? It's not necessary. Plus kids are here!" I said.

She shrugged "anyway... what do you guys want to eat?". Ordering for the kids and myself. She walked away. "Stone what did she mean by that?" Maliah asked.

Not sure how to respond to that...

"Umm well" I said.

"It means that she doesn't like us Maliah!" Mya chimed in.

"The waitress doesn't like us? Why? We didn't do anything wrong" she said.

Mya shrugged "I don't know. People are weird".

I felt a little bad when Mya said that to Maliah. No child should have to go through that. "Look some people don't make sense. Nothing is wrong with you all. It's them who has the problem".

"Preach" Mya said. You can tell she takes after summer.  Moments later the same waitress came back with the food. Maliah jumped up "Miss why don't you like us?". Facepalming myself because I wasn't expecting that.

The waitress looked uncomfortable "Umm..."

"Answer wisely! She's a child" I warned.

The waitress nervously laughed "well it's just that I don't like chocolate milk. You know you have to mix white milk and chocolate syrup to make that. I would rather just the white milk".

"So you don't like black people?" Mya asked.

The waitress turned to me "you started this".

She sighed "no I don't".

"Wow! You missing out! We are the best people" Mya said. That made me smile. Summer definitely has these kids ready for something like this.

"Plus, see how when it's hot you have an AC? If we didn't exist you wouldn't have that and a lot of other things!" Mya said.

The waitress looked stuck.

Shaking my head "enough guys. I think she got the point".

She nodded "I do. And I'm sorry".

"Sorry doesn't cut it. Just next time don't be so mean. Be nice"'Mya said. The waitress walked away embarrassed she just got schooled by a seven year old and a five year old.

"Who taught you guys all about inventions by African Americans?" I asked.

"My mom and dad..." Mya said. Have to give both Kai and summer props. They made sure to teach their children both sides of their race. Actually watching them eat and just bring kids made me want more kids for Bentley. I want him to have the same relationship that these kids have with one another.

"Eww, mason farted!" Maliah yelled.

"No I didn't!" He yelled.

"Ewww... it smells like Bentley's diaper!" She covered her nose. Ushering then out the cafe and piling up into the car.

"Mason keeps farting!" Maliah yelled.

"No I'm not!" He screamed.

"You two are so loud! Shut up!" Mya yelled.

"Can you guys not yell?! We will be at my house in a few minutes then you guys can go wild" I said. They all for quiet until I pulled up to the house. They all bolted out the car and in the house. Luckily, after the long day they seemed to calm down.

Putting on the tv for them. Meanwhile I went to go put Bentley down for a nap. Hopefully this session will be over soon. I don't know how long the tv will entertain them.

 I don't know how long the tv will entertain them