41.

HARLOW POV

I was so embarrassed about what happened the other night. Stone saw me. The real me. The little girl who's still hurting. I've always hated looking weak in front of people. But I broke. Shattering all pieces of me along the floor.

Stone highly recommended I take some time off from school. Well only a couple of days to get my mind right. Not that I like not going to class but I have my professors emailing me whatever I miss.

Also, he suggested that I speak to someone. He feels that my binge eating is escalating and he's worried. Can't blame him for wanting what's best for me. Someone knocked on the door. Now with stones other profession I have to be extra secure. Looking at the camera I saw Ryan standing there. I jumped and went to answer the door. Instantly hugging him tight.

"Well damn! Someone missed me" he joked. Pulling him inside "oh my goodness! Where have you been?".

"Around... what's up? How was the shower? Oh by the way... here" he handed me a card that was thick.

"Ryan... you didn't need to" I said.

"Then give it back..." he joked.

"Nah you snooze you lose" walking to the table we took a seat "thirsty?".

He nodded. Quickly walking to the fridge I got a drink for him. Slowly sitting down "so the shower was nice. Summer did a good job. Mom's food was so good".

"As always" he joked.

"Yeah it was nice. Wish you could've come" I said.

"Me too! I wanted to be with my sister on her day" he smiled.

"You know I'm so grateful I have you and Kai. As a male counterpart. Along with stone too" I said.

"You know I will always have your back. No matter what" he said.

I smiled "I know".

"So what did dad get you?" He asked.

I shrugged "he never showed up. He was with Salem at the mall shopping".

"Say what?! He missed your shower because of Salem?" He asked.

"Yup. You know Salem is his number one fan" I said.

"Wow! I'm in shock. Dad actually missed your baby shower. I don't think he wanted to miss it. But Salem is evil she probably tricked him" he said.

"Maybe, Salem has always been clingy with dad" I said.

"And mom didn't tell you anything?" He asked.

"Mom didn't want to upset me on my day. She was trying to protect my feelings" I said.

"I don't know if you ever noticed but mom has always tried to protect you from things that could harm you mentally" he said.

"Yeah I know she's kept me away from dad early on. But she's just been like a lion with me" I said.

"Exactly... she's always felt that you were tough and independent but you are very sensitive as well. Just like mom" he said.

"Hold up? How did you know where stone lived?" I asked. Just realizing I never gave any of my family his address.

He shrugged "google maps?".

"You googled his name to get his address?" I asked.

"Umm yeah... something like that" he said.

"You've always been the sneaky one" I joked. Ryan and I have always been close. Amongst the other siblings we had this weird connection. But as I got older I somewhat flocked to Kai. Guessing because his life was more stable.

Hearing keys opening the front door. We both turned to see stone standing there "hey".

"Hey my brother came by to chill" I smiled. Both stone and Ryan just stared at one another. "Yeah I came to see my sister".

Stone nodded slowly "okay". He walked quickly out of sight.

"How did you and stone meet again?" Ryan asked.

"Oh he is the chief detective at the precinct I work at" I said.

"Cool I guess" he said.

Forgetting Ryan got me a card. I opened it and saw he had put all twenties making it to eight hundred dollars. "Ryan are you crazy? I can't take this! And where did you get all this money from?".

"Work. I've been putting in some serious overtime. And you deserve it. So I'm not taking it back" he said.

Shaking my head "thank you".

"No problem. But let me head out. Don't want to be imposing myself on you and stone" he said. Walking him out the house. He got into his car. Didn't even know Ryan drove a nice car. Let me find out my brother is finally doing right with his life.

Ryan made my day. Stone came out the room and looked around "he left?".

I nodded "yeah".

"That's your brother? Ryan?" He asked.

"Yeah I know we all look different" I joked.

Stone stuttered "yeah that must be it". Taking the card I went to put it in a special place that no one will ever look for it or find it.