27.

DELANO POV

You can't hate me for being suspicious with Gia. She hasn't been the most forth telling person. Especially when it came to K. Today, I was with salem. After her horrific miscarriage I wanted to be there for her.

"So wait? Mom left you took Ryder and River and went to New York City?" She asked.

I nodded "yeah. She didn't like the fact I questioned Harlow's paternity".

"Wow! But I'm not surprised. Mom loves to run" she said.

"True, but it's not coming to me why I can't build a relationship with Harlow. It's like I look at her and feel nothing" I said.

"Dad I know what I'm about to say may sound a little harsh... but why try when it's clear she's not trying?. Harlow doesn't really need you. She's content with just mom. It's always been that way" she said.

"She's still my daughter. Your sister. Don't want her feeling left out or unwanted. I know how that feels" I said.

"Is there something maybe subconsciously stopping you from loving Harlow?" She asked.

I shrugged "I have no idea". And that was my honest truth. With all the other kids it came naturally for me to love them. But Harlow it's always been different. When she was a baby it was easy to not be bothered by this. But as she got older it became noticeable.

Just don't know why.

"Well dad you'll figure it out and if you don't... don't worry you will always have me. Your favorite" she smiled.

"Salem what have I told you about saying that?" I asked.

"What? It's the truth. I've always been the favorite... then kai was behind me. Ryan... the twins and then Harlow was last. Still is" she said.

Shaking my head "not true".

"Yeah okay. Keep lying to yourself. Everyone sees it" she said. "So you think with you and Harlow never bonding she will let you see her baby?".

I nodded "why wouldn't she?".

"Because she doesn't feel comfortable around you" she said.

"Salem now you're making up things. I know Harlow and you don't mix well but don't sit here and make stuff up" I said.

"I may not like Harlow as I should being her sister but I'm not going to sit here and sugarcoat anything" she said.

//

HARLOW POV

I was so nervous. Even though I shouldn't be. I've met his family before. But for some reason now that I'm showing it's different. "You need to relax" stone said.

"I'm trying" I whined.

"Remember my family loves you from the first time they met you. So just let's go inside" he said.

Releasing a deep breath "okay let's go". Stone got out the car and opened my car door. He helped me out and held my hand. "You ready?".

I nodded. We walked together inside and his parents amongst other family rushed to us. I was overwhelmed with everyone. My family is big but his is way bigger.

"Oh look at you!" His mother came over to me going for the little pouch that formed since the last time I saw them. Jumping back a little... her hands were a little cold.

"Sorry Harlow! I was handling ice before" she laughed.

"No worries" I smiled. The rest of the family came up to me one by one to congratulate us. Stone must've felt I was overwhelmed because he came to me pulling me to him "let's give her some room to breathe".

"Oh sorry Harlow! We don't want to scare you" his father joked.

"No problem" I smiled. Stone walked me to the couch where his cousin was sitting. She smiled at me "hey I'm Fallon!". I nodded "hey Harlow". She glanced up at stone who was laughing with some of his family "he seems happy with you".

I didn't say anything.

"I mean coming from the last girl he was with. You are a big step in the right direction. That girl was psycho. So happy he dropped her" she took a sip of her water. Stone and I never spoke about exes. It was never that type of relationship that we needed to.

"Look I'm just saying he's doing good by being with you. That's all" she smiled.

I smiled back with nothing said. She got up and walked off. Still sitting down I looked around to see stone and his dad just bonding. Made me a little jealous that I didn't really know what that felt like. Looking away when I notice stone caught me staring. He excused himself and walked over to me "you okay?".

I nodded.

"You sure?" He asked again.

"Yeah I'm good" I smiled. He grabbed my hand into his and kissed it. "My family is really happy you came" he said.

I smiled "they always make me feel accepted when I'm here". His mother came over with her phone "say cheese. Mom and dad". Stone smiled and I moved in closer and smiled. She snapped the picture "it's always to have pictures together... so your son or daughter can see it in the future".

"Doesn't matter what we have as long as it's healthy" stone said. I was about to speak when the door opened and a young woman came in hugging everyone. Stone's whole body language and mood changed.

"Mom!" The woman said hugging stones mother.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"My ex... my mom is still friends with her" he sighed.