58.

HARLOW POV

My whole new attitude is like fuck it. Stone has noticed and feel a little bad. He figures he should've saw what Salem was up to. But I don't blame him. This was all on her. Bianca had two classes today back to back.  I was hoping to have her with me to go to that lounge.

But it's okay. Summer wasn't doing much today and agreed to come with.

"So I heard what happened. You know Kai and I knew instantly Salem was lying" she said.

"Finally someone with common sense!" I said.

"Yeah the whole story didn't make sense" she said.

"Salem has really done it now. She's no longer a sister of mine. She's a stranger now. Then on top or everything you chose to drug my boyfriend... Bentley's father! Like, wow".

"Salem hasn't always been right" summer said.

"She crossed a major line" I said. We arrived at the lounge and I went in asking to see the CCTV footage from that night. Of course they gave me a hard time but Bianca had given me an fake ID for the police. When I flashed that I was brought into a dark room.

"What is this for?" The man asked.

"It's an open case about a young man who was assaulted by a woman who was here" I said.

"Oh wow!" He said.

Summer and I watched which felt like hours waiting to see Salem and Stone. "There they go!" Summer pointed out. Seeing Salem approach stone as he was leaving I guess. But she pointed to the bar and he hesitated but sat back down. Salem came to the bar and ordered the drinks. When the bartender came back and handed her the drinks. Salem took something out her pocket looking around before putting something in the drink stirring it.

Summer and I glanced at each other. Salem turned and walked back to stone handing him the drink. Watching this made me want to find Salem and beat her ass again.

"Thats enough! Summer did you record that with your phone?" I asked.

She nodded "yup".

"Are their cameras outside in the parking lot too?" I asked.

The guy looked nervous "this cameras don't work at all".

"Wonderful... that's one charge off of me" I smiled.

Thanking the guy for helping us out. We got back in the car and made our way back to town. The ride was quiet. My mind was racing!.

"You okay?" Summer asked.

Feeling my eyes fill up with tears. As I'm driving I wiped my cheek. "Are you crying?".

I nodded "summer... Salem could've killed stone. What if he has an allergy to what she gave him and had a seizure or something. Stone could be dead right now. My sons father could be dead. That's a scary thing to even think about. Because of her selfish actions it could've cost stone his life. He's such a good guy too. Despite some flaws that I won't get into. But stone has been nothing but good to me. He's treated me with respect. Never saw me less than an equal to him. I'm just trying to process all of this".

"You're right to feel this way. Anything could've happened" she said.

"What hurts more is that my dad the man whom I was trying to form a relationship with is choosing her over me. It's like nothing changed between us" I said. I was full blown crying now. Pulling over I just put my head on the staring wheel and cried. Summer rubbed my back.

"Harlow I've never seen you like this before" she said.

"It's not fair! I do good things all the time and I'm always the one to get blamed. I'm tired of it. Like I told my mom... once stone feels well enough I might discuss on moving out of state".

Summer put her hand on her chest "no the hell you ain't! What am I suppose to do here alone? Exception of kai and the kids... you're the only one I'm close to".

"I'm sorry summer but I mentally can't take anymore. It'll always be about Salem. I don't want to be bothered with it" I said.

"Don't move Harlow! Please!" She pleaded. Turning to her and looking back on the road. Mentally and psychically I'm done. Dropping summer off I had her send me the recording for my records. When I got home Stone was laying on the couch with Bentley on top of him. This is my family now. At that moment I realized I loved stone.