19.

HARLOW POV

My mind was blown.

Salem's pregnancy wasn't from her husband?.

Sitting at my desk in my room I was just blown away. But I did get the paper done and sent out in time. Thank goodness for stone who kept pushing me to finish.

"Damn where have you been?" Bianca asked.

"I was at stones place trying to get my paper done. Then my dad calls me saying Salem was in the hospital suffering from a miscarriage!"'I said.

"Oh damn! Is she okay?" She asked.

I nodded "I guess so".

"Was it weird walking in there being pregnant and knowing what happened?" She asked.

"Crazy? How I thought that same thing when I was there" I said.

"We synced! But wow poor Salem" Bianca said.

"The crazy thing she told me after she was getting smart with me per usual. That she didn't know who the father was" I said.

"Wow let me find out your sister is a thotiana! Damn" Bianca said.

"I'm in shock. This was the same woman who professed her love for her husband. But come to find out she's been around the block numerous times" I said.

"Are you sure she had a miscarriage and didn't purposely terminate her pregnancy? I mean we both know how weird and not right she is" Bianca said.

"Not trying underestimate Salem but I don't think she would purposely end the pregnancy. That was her thing to gloat about" I said.

"Was your dad babying her?" She asked. I just gave her a look "Yup I knew it".

"That'll never change" I said.

"Anyway how are you? I can't believe you decided to keep the baby" she said.

"I had some time to think and I just couldn't get rid of it. Plus, Stone and I are doing well. School is the same. So maybe I'll be able to handle both" I said.

"True. Wow my friend is about to be a mommy" she whined.

"I know" I whined.

//

SALEM POV

Look I won't sugar coat anything. The real reason I even got married well my husband is rich. Yes, he was my therapist but before he could get into trouble I switched therapist. He is caring and attentive. Willing to take care of me. I wanted that. Nevermind this man was in his fifties when we got married. But the age didn't bother me.

But we all have our flaws. Some we can hide. Others we can't. My husband was a drinker. It started on occasion then it went to once a day... and exceeded after that. The way he would reek of alcohol made me sick.

To escape that mess I ran to my dad. He welcomed me with open arms. My dad has always been there for me. Mom on the other hand she's always busy with my siblings. Or busy with her grandchild. No sense trying to go to her for advice.

On one of those occasion where I would stop by the house. Dad had another coworker with him. Taken back cause I wasn't expecting anyone. It was a young man... a smile to die for. Dark locks. Beautiful eyes. I was smitten. Hearing the young man ask about Harlow made me feel less important. My dad shit this guy down about Harlow.

Let's skip ahead. I was at the house when this young man came by looking for my dad. But he wasn't home at the time. Knowing what I was about do was wrong but I didn't care. My husband basically gave up on life so why should I have to stop living mine?.

Inviting him inside... I acted like myself. Slowly seeing he's taking the bait. Once he latched in I pulled him in. Before I knew it we were having sex on the kitchen counter. The new thrill was exciting. I hooked up with him a few more times. The last time my dad sort of caught us in the act. He was livid. Firing the guy and making me confess to my husband what I did.

That's when I realized I was pregnant. Already guessing who the father was. But I wasn't too sure. Expressing my concern to my dad... he was upset at my reckless behavior but he had my back like always. Dad was the best. Anytime I was in trouble he was the man to rescue me.

My husband didn't want a divorce because it would be costly. So we agreed to stick it out. He would claim this child as his. Perfect!. No problems.

I was feeling crampy one morning and rushed to the bathroom to see blood. Something was wrong! Then I saw it. Was this god punishing me for what I did? I could never be lucky.

I guess I wasn't meant to be a mom.