Chapter 20 ~ Should I call?

SO SORRY FOR THE WAIT!!! School is very stressful and over the weekend I had something for band I had to do... anyways, here is chapter 20! please enjoy! (picture above not mine)

_______________________________

The Next School Day

~Russia's POV~

I walked to school happy! I don't know what but I felt that today was going to be a great day. I went to go find America so we could talk, like we always do, but I couldn't find him anywhere where he usually would be. I went around to some of his friends to ask where he could be but none of them have seen him. This is strange, he usually is seen by someone. I asked around some more, but the same response.

The bell rang

I still haven't found America by the time the bell rang. Very unusual... I opened my locker and looked for my textbook but that's when I saw a note. I opened it and saw it was from someone unknown. I looked over the note to see if there was another name, but I saw no name other than mine. I read the note;

"Russia,

I hope you find this note, I want you to meet with me on the roof during lunch. Please come, i have something to talk to you about..."

I have no idea who this is from but i slip it into my pocket and head to class. Every class until lunch went by unreasonably slow. The lunch bell rang and everyone rushed out of the room. I was at the back. I waited until I could get out and rushed to my locker. I threw my stuff into the locker and headed to the roof. I texted Germany saying I would be late to lunch because of some homework. I opened the doors to the roof and looked around. I could see no one yet. I waited for a second by one of the air conditioners (idk) but then I heard a sniffle. I looked around but saw no one. I looked around the air conditioner and I found America in a ball on the ground.

"Ame! What's wrong?!?!" I rushed over to him and hugged him, "Did North hurt you again?"

"No- (sniff) its not that, its...my dad..." Ame said quietly. "Did he hit you?" I asked seriously concerned. "No, he said- he said... he saw us together Yesterday...and he told everyone's parents that if they saw us together that they would tell him and I would get beat and in serious trouble." Ame started to sob uncontrollably. I hugged him tightly. "Ame, I know this is hard for me to say but, if your going to get beat if we are seen together, then its better if we don't see each other." It broke my heart to say this, but it was true. I don't want him to get hurt because of me. Ame looked up at me with broken and puffy eyes. He hugged me tightly. I held up his chin and kissed him passionately since this was our last kiss, for at least a while. We continued to hug until I had to get back to classes. I didn't want to leave him, or break it off with him but I had to for America's sake. Maybe in the future we can get back together...

but that would be a long time before we do...

~2 years later~

~Narrator POV~

Its been 2 years since America and Russia broke up. Both are now in college. Both fell into a depression from not being with each other. Both men hated that they couldn't be together because of America's father. So what happened to them over the 2 years?

Well, America is still single as a pringle even though he has been asked by many people. He is depressed but goes to counseling to help with his depression. He is distant to his friends and usually stays in his dorm all day. He only goes out to visit family, go to the store, and to go to his classes. He still wishes to get back together with Russia, but he has no idea what has happened to Russia when Ame moved out of town to go to college. Now, what happened to Russia?

Things were more... difficult you could say for Russia. He fell into a deep depression and didn't ever find help to deal with his depression. He went to college too and mostly stays in his dorm. Russia drinks all day and usually goes to clubs to also drink to take the pain away. You could say he is an alcoholic now. He moved out of town to go to college too. Russia's family is worried about him because he never texts, calls, or visits them. Russia's health is declining and is somewhat suicidal again. He thought about it, but can never bring himself to do it again. Well now, lets go to America...

~America's POV~

I had just gone to the store for my weekly groceries, but as usual I forgot to get cigarettes. I had taken on smoking to help me calm my nerves and anxiety. I know it isn't healthy, but i'm addicted now. I stopped at the nearest gas station I could find. I parked my car and walked in. The bell dinged as I opened the door. I went over to the snacks aisle to get something to snack on. I didn't notice someone in front of me and I walked straight into them. "Oh, i'm sorry..."I say quickly and move to get around. "Oh, its ok..." The man said. I realized that this voice was familiar but who was it? I looked up and saw a familiar face I haven't seen in a very, very long time. Russia. "Russia?" I ask, backing up to face them properly. "America?" He asked. I immediately hugged him tightly.

"It's so good to see you!" I say still hugging him. He hugs back, "Same..." Something felt...off with his voice. I look up to meet his eyes and I see bags under his eyes, he also didn't look like he hasn't been taking care of him self. "So, what are you doing here?" I ask still hugging him. "Oh I go to college here. What about you?" He responded. "Oh I do too! So, how have you been?" I ask, curious. There was silence. "Not good..." He whispers. "Really? Whats wrong?" Russia became silent again. "Well, I started drinking...like my father, and I have depression now. I also mostly stay by myself more. I'm not friends anymore with Germany and Poland, and I never talk to my family..." WOAH! I never knew this would happen to him. I know I became depressed but I saw help, I'm guessing he never did... I hugged him more tightly. "Russia, you know you could have gotten help..." I say sadly. "I know, I should have but I never did, I kept putting it back. I just... well, miss you..." He says the last part quietly. "I miss you too Russia..." Suddenly I felt no one in front of me. I looked in front of me to see Russia gone. Well, maybe he had to go, I hope I see him again.

I get my snacks and cigarettes and drive home. I put away my things and sit on the couch. I felt in my pocket for my phone but I pull out a piece of paper. I open the folded note and see a phone number and a small note.

"Hey, sorry I had to leave quickly, just had some things to do, if you ever want to talk, here is my number."

I smile softly to myself and set the note down. I get out my phone and begin to type in the number, but I stop halfway. Should I call him? What would we say to each other? AMERICA STOP! You always do this, you just need to talk to him, everything will be fine if you do. It seems like he wants to talk about something, yes.

I pick up the phone again and type in the rest of the number. I press the call button and wait for him to answer.

_____________________________

sbefsuifuiesbuesih ok so this chapter kinda sucked, kinda didn't. also my friend is saying I have down syndrome... so yeah. anyways i hope you enjoyed! ima make another chapter like rn so see you later!