Chapter 25 ~ I killed him

Sorry for the wait again. I won't be uploading that often anymore bc of school... anyways I'll still be uploading but maybe once every 2 weeks or so. I didn't know what to write so this will be kinda meh but enjoy anyways!
(Meme above is not mine and I got it off of Instagram, I forgot who made it, sorry! Also if you want to follow me on Instagram my account is germandoodles)

____________________________________________
~Narrator's POV~
Russia woke up panting and sweating. He looked around the room, he was in his room. He looked over and saw Ame sleeping peacefully. He quickly, but carefully, got out of the bed and walked to the kitchen. He flipped on the light and walked over to the sink. The Russian sighed and took out a cup, filling it with water. He took a sip and set the cup down.

Now, you may ask, why did Russia get up like in the middle of the night to get water? Well, a few chapters back you may remember that Russia gets nightmares. Well, he had another one and it was really bad this time around. Let's go see what it was, shall we?

(Bold words means I'm talking about his nightmare)

The Russian was with America, snuggling on the couch like any other day. Suddenly his vision went black and he could see nothing. Finally, he could see, but he was in a forest and not in the comfort of his home. He looked around quickly trying to see where he was. He remembers this forest. The last time he was here was when... no, he needed to find America. He quickly ran around, looking for his love. Nothing, he found nothing. All it was, was endless trees. He thought he would never find America but then, he heard a scream. Like someone was getting hurt. Russia quickly ran towards the scream only to see America on the ground. He quickly went over only to see his love dead. Russia quickly broke down crying knowing that his only love and his child was now dead. He had nothing left now. Then, he heard it. "So, we meet again..." the shadow figure said. "Yes, yes we do." Russia says back standing back up. The figure moves closer. "You know, I didn't want to kill him. But I had to." Russia got mad at this. "Why? Why do you have to do this to me? What did I ever do to you?" Russia asked angrily. The figure moved even closer. "It wasn't you that did something to me. It was your father, but what better than messing with his son?" Russia now got scared. The last time he had a nightmare like this, his father had saved him from his death, but now, he's not here to save him. Russia booked it through the trees not looking back. He heard footsteps behind him but he continued to run, not stopping. Russia wasn't paying attention and tripped over a tree root falling down and landing right next to a cliff edge. He quickly sat up, but couldn't stand up. He looked down at his legs and they were basically backwards. He looked up, the figure was standing there, towering over him. The figure chuckled. "You could never escape me Russia." The figure leaned down closer to the Russian's face. Russia got a idea. "Yes I can." Russia quickly turned back and fell off the cliff. As he fell, he looked up at the figure who was looking down at him. He smiled knowing that he had escaped. Soon, everything went black.

That's what happened in Russia's nightmare. If you read chapter 17, you would have met the figure already. Well, at least this was just a nightmare...

Right?

~Russia's POV~
I took another sip of water trying to get that dream off of my mind. Who was this figure and why does he want to hurt me? He said it was my father who did something to him. I know my father had hurt Nazi, but Nazi got over it and I know they both like each other now. Who could it be? I shook off my thoughts as I heard footsteps come up behind me.

"Russ? What are you doing up?" I jumped and turned around to see my love. "Oh, I had to use the bathroom." I lied. I didn't want him to know about my nightmares..."Oh ok, *yawn* well please come back to bed." He begged me. "I will, let me clean up this glass first." Ame nodded and walked towards our room again. I cleaned the glass and went back to our room. I covered myself back up and cuddled him. Then the thought came back to me.

What did my dad do?

~timeskip to the next day~

~Narrator's POV again~

Russia had waken up again, but this time not by a nightmare. He looked over to see America still in bed asleep. He quickly got up and got changed, leaving a note telling America he wouldn't be home for a while. Russia jumped into his car and drove to his father's house.

You also may be wondering, what happened to Soviet over these two years. Well, he finally married his love, Third Riech, and they moved into a house together. All of his children had moved out except Belarus who was still in high school. Now, let's go back to the present.

Russia parked his car on the driveway and walked up the path onto the porch and to the front door. He knocked on the door and waited. Russia knew his father would be up at this time since he likes to work early. The door opened. "Oh! Hello Russland, what do you need?" Third asked. "Is my father awake? I kinda need to speak to him about something." Russia responded. "Yes he's awake. Come in and I'll go get him." With that, Nazi walked off into the house to get Soviet. Russia walked in, closing the door and walking to the living room.

A few minutes later, Soviet walked into the living room, sitting down next to his son. "Hello son, what did you need to speak to me about?" "It's about this nightmare I had last night." Russia then told his father all about the nightmare he had (excluding his child dying part). Soviet got concerned as his son continued to explain. He was mostly concerned on this 'figure' who seemed to be harassing him. Soviet knew exactly who the figure was. He was afraid to tell Russia who it was but he eventually had to tell him.

Once Russia finished explaining he asked his father, "Father, what did you do to the figure for him to be mad at you?" Soviet sighed before standing up. "I'll be right back." Soviet walked out of the room and to his office. He went through the closet and picked up a photo of a country before walking back to the living room. He sat back down and handed the photo to his son. "Russia, you probably don't remember but, this was your grandpa before he died." Russia was confused. What did his grandpa have to do with his nightmares? "Father, what do you mean?" Soviet sighed once more before looking him dead in the eyes. "Russia, he's the figure in your nightmares. And he's mad at me because...

I killed him."

_____________________________
Sorry about the wait again .-. My mom is kinda mad at me at the moment because I have a C in math just because I made a bad grade on a test. And school has been hard on me ever since I got back from winter break. I hope this chapter was ok...I kinda didn't know what to write at the beginning but I think I got something else for the story now. I'll try to make another chapter soon but no promises. Well I hope you guys enjoyed! See you soon!

1335 words