Chapter 27

Soon everyone had gathered in the large living room at Tom and Diane's Upper East Side apartment. They had moved everything out to make room for their family and close friends. Henry had taken his place at the front with his guitar as he was going to sing when Diane walked down the aisle with Everett and Charlie. Mamie, Grace, Louisa, Suzie, and Lily were all sitting down in the chairs along with Liz and Larry, and Third and Maeve. Soon, Don and Meryl went to take their seats while carrying the babies. The front row on the bride's side had been saved for Don and Meryl with their kids sitting behind them. Then Liz, Larry, Third and Maeve, and their kids were sitting behind the Gummer kids. Don looked back at everyone as they sat down. "Sorry."

"Everything okay?" Mamie asked her parents. "Dad, you're not looking so good."

Meryl quickly looked at Don. "Don Man?"

"I'm fine." Don shot Mamie a look as if to say, thanks a lot. He was feeling the same, just tired. "The babies just took a little while to eat. I'm really okay. I don't want to distract from the ceremony."

Meryl whispered in his ear. "We don't have to stay for the reception."

"We are staying." Don said strongly with a kiss to her cheek. "And I am getting my dance."

Louisa leaned forward to her parents. "Can I have a baby?"

"Someday." Don shot back making Louisa roll her eyes. "Not until you're much older."

Meryl shook her head as she laughed at her husband, and she passed Brady back to Louisa. "Here you go, Lou Lou. If you get tired of holding him or he's fussy just let me know."

"I don't get to see them very often." Louisa said as she kissed her baby brother's cheek. "I need to get my fix of these cuties."

Grace looked at Mamie and knew she was going to ask for Margaret but beat her to it. "I want Maggie Moo.:"

"Okay." Meryl laughed as she took Margaret from Don, not wanting him to lift her up and behind him to hand her to Grace. "You got her."

Mamie laughed as she looked at Suzie and Lily, clapping her hands together. "Does my Lily girl want to see her Aunt Mamie?"

"Of course she does." Suzie laughed as Lily practically leaped into Mamie's arms. "We'll just pass babies around."

Larry leaned forward. "Hey, numbnuts. You didn't provide a baby for the four of us."

"There are 3 babies for you all to fight over." Meryl laughed. "It feels kind of strange not to be holding one of them."

Third looked at Maeve. "We could always try. We are younger than my old sister and her old man."

"No." Maeve shook her head with a laugh. "Don't even think about it."

Meryl wrapped her arm around Don's shoulder and looked back. "Age is a state of mind."

"And you, my love..." Don flirted as he put his hand on his wife's thigh. "Are far from old."

Louisa pretended to gag. "GROSS!"

"Shhh..." Don laughed as Tom walked in carrying Rosie. "I think it's about to start. Chicken shit, I think that's your cue."

Larry laughed as he kissed Liz on the cheek before going to take his place, as he was performing the ceremony. "Duty calls."

As everyone took their place, Henry began playing his guitar and singing as Annalise and Charlotte walked in carrying beautiful flower bouquets.

Ooh, ooh, ooh

Ooh, ooh

Annalise and Charlotte were walking down the aisle hand in hand. Smiling at all of their family members and friends.