Chapter 19: He was my person

"I may, or may not have heard from a little birdie named Clarise that you might like some company tonight."

I breathed a deep sigh of relief when I looked into those inviting eyes. I did, I did need some company but not just anyone, I needed him. I felt at peace breathing the same air as him, it had been one hell of a day and I was struggling to find my calm until I opened my front door to find him standing there. I gave him a soft smile and grabbed hold of his spare hand pulling him in as I walked backwards not wanting to take my eyes off of him.

"I'm going to have to talk to my aunt about borrowing my phone." I said in a playful manner as I took the time to look over him, his hair was beautifully dishevelled in a rogue bun allowing a few strands of his curls to fall, his beard was growing back framing his chiselled jaw and his nose was a slight shade of red because of the cold breeze of night.

"Oh so you don't want me here?" He fake gasped as I closed the door behind him "I drove all this way in the freezing cold for you -" I shook my head before making my way back to him, taking the bouquet out of his hands, placing them on the table next to the door and placing my warm hands on his cheeks before leaning in to kiss his delicate lips. "Stop talking and kiss me."

A storm brewed inside of me as we melted into each other, my eyes naturally closed as I let my other senses take over and fully engulf myself into this beautiful kiss we shared. I missed him, I needed him here and I needed to show him that. We slowly broke away from the kiss as I began pecking at his lips. "There's nowhere else I'd want you to be."

I pulled away, finally opening up my eyes to see his sparkling like diamonds, before looking down to his lips. It felt like I had been away from him for far too long, what do they call it? A honeymoon faze. I felt like I was suffocating when I was away from him and as soon as he was within reaching distance I could finally breathe again.

"I hope you like the flowers, I spent an hour looking for a 24 hour flourist and -" without letting him finish his sentence I pulled him into the living room, pushed his body down on the sofa as I straddled his thighs placing my hands on either side of his neck. "They're so beautiful Tobias, thank you. You didn't have to at all because you just being here is enough"

My voice trailed off as our faces grew closer and closer until our lips touched once more, it was gentle, beautiful and full of emotion. I felt his hands begin to move from my bare thighs up and down the curves of my body until they rested on my small waist. He straightened up his back and lent up to deepen our kiss, my hands gripped onto his untamed hair causing him to growl into my lips and pull away from me with our foreheads still touching.

"Your aunt told me that you would be in a vulnerable place and as much as I want to, we can't. We don't need to talk about it right now but I just need you to know that I'm here if you want to. I'm not going anywhere." He shook his head with a smile on his face, I reciprocated his smile, climbed off of his lap and looked back over to him with a sorrowful smile. "Everything is so raw right now, but I promise I will talk to you about it soon."

I rested my head on his shoulder and placed my hand on his chest as I snuggled against him before suddenly lifting up. "I'm so sorry, I've been a shitty host. First I am going to put my stunning flowers in a vase and then I will get us a glass of wine each and we can talk about anything but today's events."

I got up, picked up my flowers and stalked to the kitchen. I opened the packaging, snipped the endings off of each rose stem and placed them in my unattended decoration vase. I could feel his eyes on me as he admired me from the sofa. I got out the fresh bottle of wine and wine glasses before walking them over to the sofa. I poured generous glasses before passing a glass to him and clinked not forgetting to lock eyes.