Chapter 34: Forgive me, Tobias.

Monroe

Chase:

Now that he is finally gone... Have dinner with me tomorrow night. The man you love, the one that just got on the plane may lose everything if you don't.

My sleep was restless, filled with the anxiety of what was to come of this. I laid in Tobias' bed for hours thinking and worrying that tonight would be my last night here. I sat in the darkness only letting my other senses take flight. I smelled him in the air, I breathed him in, I replayed his taste on my tongue, and I committed everything to memory because this could be our last.

My heart broke as I walked along his walk-in wardrobe, I touched every single item of clothing he owned because this could be the last time I would see him in them.

It could be the last time I felt the material underneath my fingers tips, and it could be the last time I wore them to bed when I "forgot" mine. I laid back in bed surrounded by Tobias without him being there. I let all of my emotions take me under as I let the thought, sound, smell of him take me whole.

I wanted the pain to stop, I wanted to be happy, I wanted to give Tobias everything he wanted and deserved but how could I do all of that and be in his life?

Chase didn't want me to be happy unless it was with him. Chase didn't want me to live, breathe, speak, or act unless I was with him and if that was the price I had to pay for Tobias being left alone I would do it in a heartbeat.

I hoped that there was a better way out there, a way that I could be with Tobias, have the life together that we talked about and Chase being out of our lives forever. But that wasn't possible.

I didn't have enough time to figure it out, I didn't get enough time to love Tobias. I didn't get enough to be his. But none of that mattered because it would be selfish of me to want to be with Tobias knowing what could come, I couldn't do that to him.

He may hate me now but in the long run he won't, in the long run he would find a woman who will love him the right way. A woman that could give him everything he wants and needs without holding herself back. A woman that could be by his side unapologetically and not without the guilt of him losing his career. A woman that could love him without him having to pay the price.

And that's why I'm sat here in front of Chase Bishop at a lavish restaurant. I was sat in a knee-length black dress, with long sleeves and a high neckline. I looked like I was supposed to be at a funeral because that's how I felt. I felt like I had already lost Tobias and I was mourning the love we should have been able to have.

Chase spoke to the waitress in a flirtatious manner, this was nothing new. Before Tobias that would have hurt me but right now all I felt was bile forming in my stomach.

"... And she'll have a Ceaser salad. We're watching her weight." He said handing back the menus before flirtatiously winking at her. As she sashayed away he ogled her body as if in a hypnotic state.

I couldn't help but feel the burn of bile pilling up my throat, he was absolutely vile. My blood was boiling, not because of his flirtation but because of the situation I was in. He truly believed that if he couldn't have me then no-one else could and it hurt everything in me that I couldn't just be with the man that I loved.

He finally looked down to me, with a smug smirk on his face."You know, you look a lot more beautiful when you smile."

I scoffed at his words, those same words he used to worm his way into my heart all of those years ago. Back then they sounded like a compliment, back then I loved hearing every line that came from his lips, and back then I believed everything that came from his mouth.