Chapter 29: "Chase?"

"Chase?"

I felt my blood turn cold as I heard his voice get closer and closer, he stepped out into the light and I felt a lump of fear pulse through my throat. I gulped hard as I saw him step out in his sleek black dress trousers and crisp white shirt with his top two buttons open and his sleeves rolled up. I noticed that he didn't have his jacket on, he was comfortable in my house, too comfortable.

I felt myself grip the handle of my suitcase a little tighter to hold myself up, being in his presence had my heart palpitating and my palms grow sweaty. I was petrified as I ran our last encounter together through my mind. I was alone with him once again but this time Tobias wasn't upstairs ready to rescue me from the monster underneath my bed. "What are you doing here Chase?"

I tried to find the strength in my voice as I spoke to him. I didn't want my shaky hands, my whispered voice and my heart racing violently out of my chest to be so apparent to him. I didn't want him to see me this weak. He gave me a sly smirk and tilted his head to the side. "Why sweetie, I have come to get you and bring you home."

I felt my voice hitch at the idea of what he would do to me to bring me home, I thought of all of the possible scenarios that could occur. I grabbed ahold of my phone, with shaky hands I unlocked it, bouncing my eyes between his sinister eyes and my phone screen.

I didn't know who I would call and who could help me, the one person I wanted to call was in a different country but that didn't stop me from wanting to dial 2 for his speed dial. "This is my home, Chase. And you're not welcome here."

The lump in my throat was becoming more evident as his smirk grew wickedly. He placed his hands inside of his trouser pockets and shrugged his shoulders nonchalantly. "Ah baby, you caught me. I would never make you do something you don't want to."

He stopped to look me directly in the eyes with a villainous look on his face. "I just came to talk, beautiful. I just came to talk to my number 1."

My heart was racing knowing that he didn't mean a word of what he was saying, I could see it in the diabolical look in his darkened eyes. It was a sight I had only ever saw one other time in my life, that night.

That night where he snapped, the night where he finally realised that he was losing control, losing me. "Chase. Bishop. I am going to ask you again before I call the police. What are you doing in my home?"

A large grin grew on his face, unveiling every pearly white tooth of his smile. Once upon a time I used to find his smile amazing, his smile was my air to breathe but now I felt like I was suffocating.

He was taking my breath away in the worst of ways. I needed the one person who gave it back to me whilst beautifully taking it away. I needed Tobias and I needed him now. "So your little boyfriend can be at your house but your husband can't?"

I had completely lost my voice and my heart was racing at a familiar but concerning rate, I knew that meant that I was seconds away from having a panic attack.

How did he know? Did he really know? Was he bluffing? My grip on my phone grew tighter as I looked down to it. I knew I needed to call someone but would they get here in time? Would someone be able to save me from him? Could I save myself from this man?

I gulped harder before his hellish laughter filled my ears, he was bending backwards as his head fell back in laughter. "You can't take a joke Monroe? Hmmm. You used to be so fun." His laughtered diminished abruptly as his expression was now completely straight and unreadable. He began to look over my bare walls and trace his fingers along my hallway furniture as he grew closer to me. With every step I felt my fear grow rapidly.