Chapter 7

Edited

CHRIS

The police barge in, everyone had their hands on their heads, I'm trembling, my heart is beating faster, they can't arrest me, can they?

"Put your hands behind your head! Now!" The policeman pointed his shotgun at me. I totally loose it, is he gonna shoot me? I'm not a criminal! God! I don't wanna go to prison! I'm just fourteen to be in few weeks! I can't breath! I'm dying!

I started hyperventilating.

"Calm down boy," the man put down his gun approaching me, "copy my breathing," he inhale and exhale. I did same with little difficulties, but I finally had my breath to normal.

"Is he your brother?" He asked.

I shook my head no.

"Is he a relative?" Again I shook my head.

"Elizabeth! Come get the boy, he was shot." He signal to a lady with mask, she walk to us with some paramedics who attend to Elijah.

"I'm Jerry, I can only help you if you answer my questions." He lead me out of that toxic building, to an ambulance. The piece of bottle was extracted from my palm, it really hurt but I stay still this is just a tap to be compare with what father will do.

"Are you okay, can you answer now?" He asked, I just nodded.

"Good, did you come here alone?"

"No." I replied.

"Came with an adult?"

"No."

He stares at me confusingly.

"I came with a friend, you just transferred him to the hospital."

"Oh, did you take any drug or alcohol?"

"No."

"Do you know any of the boys involve in the fight?"

"No, just that Rider Hunter is the guy throwing this sick party." I said softly pulling my knee to my chest.

"Do your parents know you're here?"

"N-no." My heart skipped a beat.

"What's your name?" He was jotting everything on a notepad.

"Christopher Jackson." I said, he pause to stare at me.

"You're one of the sons of Daniel Jackson, the owner of JLC (Jackson limited company) right?"

I hesitated before nodding, "your family are really famous, any number to contact them?"

I gave him Henry's number. "I got this you'll follow me to the station, you're not under arrest, but next time try not to attend parties like this you could really get hurt." He said.

We drove to the station, I waited in a chair while Jerry called Henry.

Few minutes later, Jerry walk to where I was seating my knees on my chest.

"Someone is here to pick you." He mentioned for me to follow him, I did just as he said.

When we approach the receptionist office, I stop dead in tracks when I see who it was, my heart stop beating as my breathing hitch, I wanted to break out of any window running none stop, I wish a big black hole will just appear and swallow me.

He glared at me with his piercing gray eyes, I look away refusing all eye contact. If looks could kill I would be six feet under earth.

His gaze left me to Jerry, I was more than glad, he signed some papers and we left.