Chapter 42

FRED

"Father you and Diana are really close." I said as I pretended to read a document.

"Hmm," he responded while scrolling through his computer.

"And you like her?"

He stop clicking the mouse and lifted his gaze to meet mine. "As a partner. I mean business partner."

I smirk, "oh really, you know you form a good couple."

He stare at me like I just said the answer to a very difficult question. "Uh..."

"Come on you won't deny it, I know you love her." I turn my back on him and from the corner of my eyes I saw him lean in his office chair rubbing his chin.

Once I turn around he resume his previous position hands on the desk.

"I don't think so, am not really good at love you know."

I laughed with my hand on my hip he stare at me with a slight annoy look.

"Sorry," I quickly regain my composure. "You don't need a degree to love, everyone is born to love is a natural gift that every human being posses."

He sigh as he rubbed his face, "you know what happened the last time I tried, I almost lose you all." He sat up pushing his desk chair backward in the process.

"It was not your fault, an she was a pure stranger but Diana we all know her and I like her." I said not wanting to use the word love, it might sound inappropriate.

He sigh, "I don't know, I'll think about it."

"You better do. Cause I won't let you be till I obtain a positive answer."

He smiled.

"Okay now, I gotta go, I'll get Chris and we'll go to Stephanie's, then head back home." I said and he half nodded.

"Look at it closely kid!" I could hear Deborah's voice, I bet they're still fighting.

"Stop been bossy! Miss bossy! Ugh! You so unbearable I swear." Chris groan out loud.

Then their was a smack sound and "ow! Fuck that hurts."

I walk in just in time to give my younger brat a soft glare. "Language."

"Ugh!" He rolled his eyes while groaning.

"I'll let that slip." I said, I wanted to smack him just a little bit but I won't embarrass him in front of Deborah, these two are rivals.

"Whatever," he grabbed his stuffs. "See ya."

"See ya too little J."

"Stop calling me that, bad D." He smiled as he walked out.

There relationship is so complicated, they fight this minute but in the next minute they're cracking jokes.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Chris tell me, do you love Deborah?" I asked while stirring the wheel and looking throw the rear mirror.

"Nah... She is more like a sister than a girl to me, and I'll never ever fall for her, she is not my type too bossy."he simply said.

"Oh." I gasp. Just perfect, I won't have love the idea of Chris dating his step sister.

"Why asking?"

I shrugged, "out of curiosity."

"Right..." He raised a brow and trial off.

"What? are you doubting me?" I tried to sound offended.

"Yeah," he crossed his arms narrowing his eyes at me.

I love his blunt attitude, "well, I was just wondering cause you guys are so close."

"Close?" He tuck out his tongue like in disgust.

"Yeah,"

He lean in his seat and rubbed his chin, like father like son.

I chuckled.

He gave me a slight annoy look causing me to laugh.

"I've already seen that look today." I said to no one in particular.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey Steph." Chris wave as we walked in.

"Hello Christoph," she hug him.

I walk to her after she had broke the short hug with Chris, I peek her on the lip.

Chris chuckled.

"Why chuckling?" Stephanie put her hands on her hip.

"You just kissed," he grinned.

"So? That's what lovers do." I shrugged.

"Oh yeah."

"What do you mean by oh yeah?" I narrow my eyes at him.

He gulp as he slowly pulled on his collar. "Huh?"

"Don't tell me you did what am thinking."

"N-no," he stuttered.

The back door flip open and a girl with red hair walked in wait! I know this girl I saw her in the ranch she and Chris are really close, talking about Chris, he didn't stop staring at her.

"Hey Tina! Chris this is a family friend." Stephanie said.

"Uh-huh." He grunt.

All the while with Stephanie Chris was really silent, he stole some little glance at Tina when she wasn't looking and vice visa. I think something is going on between them.

"She is my witness, she'll be your partner in our married since you're Fred's witness." Stephanie said

The both froze staring at us with wide eyes.

"What? it is a bad idea?" Stephanie gaze was constantly shifting from Chris to Tina.

"No, it just a surprise." Tina said with a plastered smile.

"Yeah..." Chris trail off

This is it, am sure something is going on between them. I made a mental note to ask Chris about it later.

~~~~~~~~~

"Chris?"

"Huh?"

"What is going on between Tina and you?" I asked once we walk in our living room.

"Nothing." He shrugged.

I stare at him with a raised brow.

"What?! Nothing happened between us," he shrugged.

"I never asked what happened I ask what is happening but since you talking about what happened, am all ears."

"Uh.. Nothing I've told you! Now I have some important home work to do." He walk to the stairs.

"I won't have you lie bluntly on my face Christoph." I called out he stop dead in track just like I expected, to think about the consequences of his words, I know him too well, he always do that when he is wrong, usually he will turn around and confess but instead he walked away. No doubt he is hiding something.

Really shut chapter for my liking but is better than a blank page. 😁😁😁

VOTE.