Chapter 30

Edited.

CHRIS

Life sucks for me, but everything seems okay so far. I obeyed the rules and stay out of trouble which means avoiding some people and some stuffs, I'm in a total isolation, no friends, nobody, just me, my pet and objects.

I spent my week locked up in my room, I only came out when necessary, like to eat. I'm grounded for one whole month, and I only speak when spoken to, I do whatever I'm told without protesting, if I go against the rules I'll be severely belted, and that's not what I want, so I prevent it by all means.

"Here is the result of your history test," Mr. Tom the history teacher said as he distributed the papers, Brian and some other students groaned when they saw there results, while few of them sigh, and some just rejoice silently.

Mr Tom walks to my desk, "you did a good job as usual." He smiled as he gave me my test sheet. It had a bold A in green printed on the front of the paper. I fake a small smile.

The final bell rang interrupting Mr Tom's class, a huge crowd race to the door totally ignoring Mr Tom warnings about the home work.

I took my time to pack my stuffs before heading to the door.

"Christopher." Mr Tom stopped me.

I turn around as he walk to me, "are you okay?"

"Yeah." I said.

"You've been really silent lately and you look pale." He said.

"I'm fine Mr Tom." I simply said, "now I need to go, I've fencing practice."

"Fine but if you feel you're been over worked don't hesitate to tell me." He said, I nodded before saying my good bye and heading out of the school.

We drove to the organization, my driver Luca said Fred asked him to drive me to the organization, fencing practice was cancelled.

I went to Fred's office as soon as I arrived but he was in a meeting so I had to wait, I walk to Deborah's office, she was seating on her desk typing.

"Hello Deborah." I greeted as I sat on my desk chair pulling out my home works.

"Hey kid." She smiled, I've never seen her so happy. "Thanks." She said.

"Why?" I stared at her like some crazy person.

"Remember when we met last week, you told me to listen to my heart, I did just that, and it really helped. I had a problem with my stepmother, so I decided to pack out definitely, now I live with mum is the best decision I've ever taken in my life, that's why I say thank you."

"Oh no problem." I said before returning back to solving some algebraic math.

"Is everything okay?" She slowly stood up and walk to my desk.

"Yeah." I look up at her.

"You're lying." She crossed her arms.

"I said I was fine," I return back to writing.

"You look pale and silent than usual, normally you love talking but seating here doing your home work doesn't seem like you." Her gaze dropped to my left fist, were I still had the red mark from the cane, my skin is really weird, I'm white like my maternal grandmother, marks and bruises don't wear off that easily on my skin.

"What is that?" She mention for the mark with her eyes.

"I was hit with a crop during riding practice." I lied.

"Your tutor hit you?" She raised a brow.

"No, someone, it was a mistake after all." I rubbed the back of my palm.