Chapter 34

Edited.

NATHAN

The music was blasting on full volume, and everyone was dancing and showing off, except Melinda, she hugged herself nervously looking around, her hand flew to her ear every now and then.

I walk to her pulling her close and we went to the backyard.

"Babe what's wrong?"

"I think it was a bad idea coming here." She bit her lower lip.

I know Melinda is not a party person she is the beautiful, smart and innocent type.

"Come on, I promise you'll have fun I'll teach you how to dance break dance." I proposed.

"Uh..." She covered her face with both hands. "What if I can't and the others make fun of me?" She said nervously.

"Come on I'm sure you can do it." I smiled while brushing some of her hair locks off her face.

"Do you think?" She chew on her index finger.

"Yeah." I peeked her on the lip.

"Fine," she sigh.

My phone buzzed, and I pulled it out. "Ugh!" I groan.

"What?" She cock her head to the left.

"Is Christopher." I rolled my eyes as I typed to Jack.

"Yo bro! go pick the little snitch." I typed.

"No way, I'm busy, dude!" He replied.

"I was not asking, move your ass!"

"I hate you 😔😔😔"

"Love you too, 😋😋😝"

I dug my phone back in my pocket.

"So?" Melinda grab my shoulder.

"Oh sorry? He asked me to pick him but I can't, so I ask Jack to pick him." I simply said.

"Oh the blond one?" She became enthusiastic all of a sudden.

"Yeah the blond one." I furrowed my brows in pure confusion.

"Oh my goodness! He Is so sweet!" She grinned.

I raise a brow, like what the hell is she saying? Did she date him?! "How do you know him? I never introduced him to you."

"Yeah, is a long story, do you remember when you first asked me out then you told me a ridiculous excuse cause you were embarrassed, and when you saw me in your house and you asked me how I did?"

"Yeah, but you never told me."

"He is the one who brought me to you, he told me everything and I accepted to give you a second chance, Aww he is so sweet! I'll like to meet him again someday." She smiled.

"Yeah, let's go in I have to teach you how to dance modern dancing steps." I grabbed her hand and off we went.

*********

Four hours dancing with my girl were the best! I loved each moment after all she is a good break dancer, during those four hours my phone never stop ringing, I hung the calls, knowing well the came from Christopher, why is he calling? I don't know and I don't care.

"Wow, I didn't know I could dance like this." She pant.

"I knew, you're good at everything." I winked before pulling a beer up to my lip.

"Dude, dude!" Cameron walked to me.

"Chill man!"

"I need your phone please there is this picture I really wanna see, please!" He practically went on his knees.

"What for?"

"My phone fell into the pool! Please I'll do anything for you!" He put his hands together as he pleaded.

"Okay, okay, just five minutes, you take it home, You die!"

"Pinky swear!" He blurted out before grabbing it and running off.

"I:m so tired Nat, can you drop me?" Melinda rubbed her eyes.

"Sure babe." I picked her up and walked to my car.

Half way through the ride Melinda was asleep.

I smile down at her. Girls, they're so fragile and delicate. I took off my jacket and put it around her since it was snowing is really cold.

After I pulled in her drive way, I carried her bridal style to her porch, she is so flexible or is it my muscles?

Her mother open the door after the first bell, she gasp with worry written all over her face, "oh my God! Meli! What happened?"

"Nothing ma'am she just fell asleep in the car and I didn't wanna wake her." I said awkwardly as my gaze constantly shift from her to her husband who had invited himself to the discussion.

She sigh while giving some space for me to come in, her younger brother glared at me.

I carried her all the way to her room, I gently tuck her in, I stood staring at her just smiling, I reach down and brush the hair off her face before peeking her on the cheek with a kiss.

I turn around just to be met with her father, I fought the urge to roll my eyes, he was spying on us that is totally ridiculous.

"What did you do to her?" He spoke in his protective daddy tone.

"Nothing sir," I simply replied politely.

"Did she take alcohol?"

"No, not at all, she hates it and I'll never let her take it by the way, she was just exhausted from dancing, and believe me, she was with me all the time, no bad boys, no bad fun, no alcohol, no intimate stuffs, just normal. You've got an extraordinary daughter you need to trust her more." I said softly.

"Hmm, goodbye."

"Good night Mr Erickson," I exited their home after saying my good night to Mrs Erickson. 

I drove back to the party, got my phone and attempt to drive home.

My phone started buzzing, I pulled In a parking lot before answering the sudden call from Fred.

"Sup bro?"

"How is Chris? Is he back yet?" He blurted out.

"Wo dude, he is okay, everything is fine." I guess.

"Give him the phone."

"Uh, he is not here."

"You just said he was fine."

"Yeah, he is at home, I'm currently driving."

"DRIVING?! Do you know what time it is?"

"Calm down Fred I'm not a baby, I'm driving back from a friend's house."

He sigh, "you really want me to cease your keys when I get back."

"No, no no, you won't do that is so good to drive a car more safer and comfortable than the bike. What about you? what are you doing?"

"Oh, I'm driving to the airport to pick father but I don't think we'll be back before dawn."

"Oh too bad."

"Yeah, take good care of your brothers, will be back as soon as possible, and tell Chris I'm proud of him I watch his competition online it was amazing, bye." He hung up.

I yarn, about Christopher I don't know, I assume he is at home in his comfy bed, enjoying his night. I don't think I'll make it home, I need to sleep, I pulled a cover from the backseat wrapping it around my body, then I rolled the windows and pulled out my phone.

I click on YouTube and watch random videos.

TBC.....

I know the whole story won't fit in, it will be too long, so i'll advice you to read next chapter.

VOTE!