Chapter 37

JACK

Drawing is what I do everyday while waiting for a news, everything else is of no importance, is been two days since the last news from him. The house is so silent and gloomy like a grave yard, if anything should happen to him I fear the worst, our family will be prolonged in a sad division for ever.

Things are not like the use to be when he was around, we thought everything will be good once he is gone but things are just worst.
Father and Fred keep torturing themselves day and night looking for him.

I can't stop feeling terrible for what I did, Nathan too, we just feel like going back in time and correcting our errors, I have sleepless nights and nightmares! I can't eat I can't do anything other than thinking and regretting.

I walked in the hall as I hugged myself, it is so silent and cold, just like a haunted hall, I sigh as I passed Christopher's door.

How I wish I could tell him how sorry I am.

I tripped and fell knocking the home phone down.

I sigh while sitting up, I started tying my lace.

A message started reading, "I need help! This guys are human traffickers and worst, I don't know the exact location but is in a dirty building, close to a road, I can hear the cars running on the street from here, please get me out of here!" The line went blank my eyes widen.

"Shit!" I reread the message, then I raced to the living room, where Fred and father have been torturing themselves.

They both stood up and pull out their phone calling the cops after the listen to the message.

*****

Nathan and I waited for five hours before father and Fred came home.

"They're gone, we came too late." That was all Fred said before he walked away.

Father look emotionally and physically drained.

"Please God don't let anything happen to him, please save him." I prayed silently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CHRIS

The door cracked opened letting some little light in, I shut my eyes and went further in the dark, the light was dazzling me.

"Come on kid, I won't hurt you, I just want you to follow me." Leo said.

I can't trust this guys, they're horrible.

"Is either me or Bruce, do you wanna be dragged out by your hair?"

I don't really have a choice. I sigh as I got up.

I followed him to my previous room, he opened the cuff totally freeing my hands, I had bruise around my wrist from struggling with the cuffs, he asked me to seat before he brought some food for me, the food was too good to be true, I can't eat this.

"Come on dig in." He said.

I pick a spoon full of peas and shove it in my mouth. I push it in my cheeks and gulp nothing.

"Do you like it?"

I fake a smile.

"Good finish up quickly," he left.

I spat everything out, and cleaned my tongue, this is so horrible! And am pretty sure this goddamn food contains poison or something.

I looked around the room and spotted some pieces of rag.

I pour the food and beverage on the corner, then I drop the rags on it, a perfect lie.

I don't know when he is coming maybe I can take a nap, I lay on the bare floor facing the wall.