Chapter 41

NATHAN

Chris was finally back home, and everything is more than perfect, father is more present and happy.

Jack and I are just glad that he wasn't killed.

But now I just wanna fix things with him, unlike before, I want him to love us, but that is not easy since he won't even come close to us, since he came he is really distant with us and avoid everything about us, he skips soccer practice and dinner at times just because of us!

"I've to postpone my next two meeting with the entrepreneurs." Fred said as he walk in the living room with Chris who had his training bag hanging over his shoulder.

"Uh, I can drop him if you want." I blurted out.

The both stare at me in disbelief.

"For you to repeat the same mistake?" Fred crossed his arms.

"No, I just wanted to drop him," I trial off.

"Why?" Fred kept staring deep in my soul! He won't drop the 'I don't trust you look.'

"I want to fix things." I pleaded with my eyes and he immediately understood, cause his face soften. "I promise to bring him back in whole. Please, is a sort of opportunity to fix my mistakes."

He sigh he glance at Chris then at me, "okay."

I grinned, my heart didn't stop tingling in joy.

"No way!" Chris simply said before walking out, Fred ran after him.

Few minutes later Fred return back with Chris.

"You watch on him!" He was deadly serious when he said that.

"With my life if is necessary." I beat my chest.

"Oh please." Chris rolled his eyes.

"Come on Christoph, I promise everything will be fine." Fred said as he look down at Chris.

"Am not sure! Heck you're not even certain!" He Mumble.

Fred didn't drop his look, it was a strong eye contact between Fred and Chris, the kept staring deep at each other before Chris gave up and sigh. That did work.

"Fine." He exited the room leaving only Fred and I.

"Am serious Stephen! If anything happens to your brother this time I'll not spare you. I swear." He glare dagger at me.

I gulp, "y-yeah." I've never seen this side of Fred, he is so scary!

"Good, you better don't loose sight on him, stay focus even if you won't blink for a sec."

"OK, I just wanna catch up Fred, I know what I did was wrong please trust me." I said and his face soften.

"The last time I trusted him in your hands, he got missing!"

"I know! But just give me one last chance! I promise to rewrite our story!" I pleaded.

He gave me a cold warning look before walking away.

Step 1 done, Step 2 remains to be seen.

**********

Five minutes in silent, was just enough to bring back bad memories.

"You can pull right here we are far enough from Fred's view." He said.

"Why?"

"Oh please, we both know you were kidding." He rolled his eyes.

"Kidding?" I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"We both know that you said that just to please Fred, you can pull here, I'll call a cab."