Chapter 12

Edited.

CHRIS

I stood in the balcony watching the black jeep leave.

"Finally freedom!" I grin, I ran in the hall, smiling to myself, no dumbass and jerks anywhere, I'm no more scared to fall on my brothers cause they're gone! Gone for movie, grandfather gave them permission, they've been really good these past days after Zack got spank actually. Just five more days to go and everything will be back to Normal!

Running in the hall is breaking a rule, but who cares I can't hear any footstep like thirty feet away, I've gotten really good at hearing this past few days.

I had to hide from my bullies to avoid trouble even stopped speaking, I'm done with half of the books in the huge library, I've learnt new stuffs.

I plop on the couch, reaching for my novel, I'm almost done with this, I quickly finish the last few pages.

"Aww too bad." I Mumble, "test of the twins" pretty interesting but sadistic at the end. This is like the 200th book I'm ending this past week.

I grabbed the remote and turn the TV on, I scroll through the channels till I found this movie about some muscular dude in water with scale, Aquaman!
I loved the actions, it is so beautiful! The way the sea looked like and oh there's this Lady with red hair really pretty.

"Rinnnng!" The home phone went off.

I reach for it without taking my gaze from the addicting movie.

"Hello?"

"My greetings minster, I'll like to speak to Mr Jackson." The person sounded old but firm.

"My apologies Sir, Mr Jackson is away for a meeting." I replied.

"Ah..." He sigh.

"I can deliver whatever message it is to Mr Jackson you can trust me."

"Oh thank goodness, just tell him DT and give him this number, 09*******"

"Yes sir, it was a pleasure speaking with you." I said.

"Wait! To who do I owe this respect?" He asked.

"Christopher Benjamin Jackson sir." I replied trying to sound polite.

"Oh, the pleasure is mine. I really hope to see you in person some day."

"Have a nice day Sir." I Hung up sighing in relief. I quickly jot down the number before I forget.

I couldn't continue the movie I was so nervous, I grabbed the sheet, pick up courage and walk to grandfather's office.

The last time I entered here, I came out in pieces, the flashback was enough to send shivers down my spine.

Come on Chris I know you can do it, I took a deep breath before knocking, I waited for a while before knocking again, but no response, I twisted the knob and push the door open.

I took a quiet step forward, my eyes darted around the empty room. I sigh before walking in, I'll just drop the note and leave before I get caught.

I grab a white sheet, pulling my pen out, I wrote a short note and what the man told me. I was about to leave when I saw this paper on the floor.

I'm just too curious to see what it is, I reach for the paper studying it carefully, it was a sort of calculation and profit of the month.

The calculation was wrong that was not the right profit of the month.