Chapter 43

CHRIS

"Yo B! Can you come over today?" I spoke in my phone as I sprawl on the bed.

"Sorry C, I can't come today am going to the airport to pick my siblings with my father." He sound sincere.

"Yeah sure, no prob," I said sincerely.

"Thanks C you're the best."

I chuckled as he hung up.

Brian state has improved and he is back to his old self, we spend countless times together doing crazy stuff.

Henry walk in as he normally do after knocking.

"Christopher, miss Deborah is here." He said.

What is she doing here? Before I had the time to say a word Deborah pop out from behind henry and he left.

"I never knew you were coming." I said.

"Me neither, mum wanted to have a talk with your dad about some 'business' affair." She did the speech mark with her fingers.

I chuckled, "and why business" I copied her movement, "with a lot of sarcasm?"

"Cause we both know is a lie, so whatcha doing?" She peer at my desk.

I quickly snatch the sheet I wrote about my feelings and stuff it in my pocket.

"What is that?"

"Nothing." I blurted out.

"Then why are you turning tomato red." She chuckled.

"Huh?" Only thinking about what I wrote am already blushing, dammit am such a girl.

"Don't play gone deaf with me." She rolled her eyes.

"Am I?" I trail off as a smirk played on my lips.

She pounced on me trying to reach for my pocket as tried to escape.

"Give it!"

"No!"

The door flip opened and Fred walked in, I was expecting him to start yelling, for closing the door with a girl in the room and wrestling on the bed. But instead he just smiled.

"Chris Tina is her for practice." He said.

My jaw dropped, "holy crap! She is here!" I jumped out of bed.

"Language Benjamin." Fred warn.

"Sorry." I blurted.

Deborah stare at me unimpressed like she was trying to figure something out.

"Aren't you happy to see her?" He asked while crossing his arms.

"I am."

"Why this outburst?"

"I was just surprise, like Tina here, woah." I chuckled nervously.

"Chris, you gotta tell me if something is going on between you two."

"Nothing, I've already told you!" I half yelled, Fred is just trying to piss me off.

"Lower your tune with me." He said in a dangerous low tune. I know where this is going.

"Sorry." I rubbed my face.

"Hmm." He didn't drop his cold look.

"Uh... Debi are you coming." I slowly back off and here we go I was out in a second.

I owe Fred an apology.

I walk in the instrument room with Deborah by my side.

Tina was seated in front of the piano and she was playing a sort of lullaby.