Chapter 39

CHRIS

I slam my locker shut after pulling out my economic textbook. Everything is absolutely perfect, everyone was happy to see me again except for some few minority bastards.

My phone started buzzing.

"Hey Fred?" I answered.

"Uh.. How are you doing? Are you enjoying school? So you wanna come home?" He spoke awkwardly.

"Yeah everything totally fine, don't worry about me, am O.K!" I rolled my eyes.

"Are you sure?" I bet he was raising his brows.

"Yeah, totally, everything is great and people are friendly as usual, please Fred stop being such a mom!" I laughed.

"Fine I was just trying to look after my younger brother but I was just stab deep in the heart. Ouch!"

I chuckled, "sorry, sorry, thanks for caring so bloody much, no offense."

"Why can't you express yourself without sarcasm?"

"Just maybe cause am a fourteen years old teenage boy, not a forty years old mature father."

I heard him laugh from the other line. "Yeah, whatever but I really want you to help me for something really important today."

"Yeah sure, since I'm starting practice tomorrow."

"Okay see ya soon, bye."

"Bye." I hung up while wondering what Fred really need my help about.

I turn around just to be met with the sad depressed face of Brian. He had bloodshot eyes with bags under them and his skin was pale a little like me when I was in the most difficult period of my life.

I tried walking past him, but God his voice totally melted my heart. "Chris please don't go." He said in a shaky voice like some beat up dog.

I took a breath bright as I turn around. "What do you want?" I said carelessly.

"I-i need your help." He still spoke in his shaky voice.

"I can't help you, why don't you go to Cameron or Jesse your best friends?"

He shudder at the mention of their names.

"Everything is over between us."

"Oh really?" I said sarcastically.

"Only if you knew."

"Knew what?" My ears peek up from curiosity.

"Well after everything that happened between us, I kept hanging out with them, and it felt good at first but then the started doing dangerous stuffs like stealing and taking drugs then, I started taking drugs and alcohol, and later some other drug dealer came for them then the left me to deal with something I don't even know about, I got serious beaten up and tortured then I was release to the cops, my parents were furious and they still are, dad said I was a shame to the family and I don't deserve to be call his son after doing what he did then mum almost had a heart attack and everything is going bad, the worst part of it was that Cameron and Jesse said I wasn't their friend anymore and the equally beat me up," tears roll down his cheeks, "I made the wrong choice! Chris! I shouldn't have done that to you! But I was too blind with popularity that now am nothing all the kids in school thinks that I'm a loser Gabriel don't stop spreading the news and torturing me! Am really sorry Christopher, I need you right now, I don't have anybody else, my two other siblings are not in town, and my parents are cross with me, I don't know what to do am lost!" He cried. I resist the urge to give him a big hug.