Chapter 28

CHRIS

I felt really bad for what Nathan said, I cried for two hours, normally I don't care about the horrors my brother said to me. But this time it touched me deep inside, where it hurts. They all wish I was dead! They hate me! My brothers hate me! Is not my fault, I can't help but feel guilty.

I didn't mean to snitch on Nathan, it was all a mistake. What happened was Mrs Felix asking me to identify the signature on the detention slip, I told her it was fake, I swear I didn't know Nathan forge, I thought ugh! Now that doesn't matter anymore. I need to fix it all.

I grabbed my phone and did what I have to be done, I called Melinda, I got her number from one of my fan girl. in exchange of a kiss on the cheek. Disgusting huh?

"Hi Melinda."

"Hello who is this?"

"Is Christopher Jackson."

"Oh the brother of Stephen right?" She spoke with so much disappointment.

"Yeah, what I'm about to ask you might sound stupid, but try not to see it that way."

"I'll see."

"Well, will you accept another proposal from Nathaniel?"

"No, the last time he cancel our date, just because he had an important thing to do!" She scoff.

"He lied to you, he was grounded cause of me." I sigh

"How?"

"Uh, he forged a signature on a detention slip just because he wanted to date you, then I snitched, it was a big mistake I swear!"

"Then he was grounded." She completed.

"Yeah. I'm feeling terribly guilty for what I did, intentional or unintentional."

"Why didn't he tell me?"

"Cause is embarrassing." I said, there was a long pause on the other line.

"Okay."

"Oh my god! You accept, uh, one more thing, you have to come here, he is still grounded."

"How are we gonna do?"

"You have to come here I'll prepared everything."

She sigh but chuckle, "you really wanna be forgiven."

"Um, if is possible, I just want to be guilt-free."

"Fine I'll be there at 12 pm."

"Thank you very much!" I hung up, I raced to Henry's chamber and we organized a romantic dinner.

Henry convinced Nathan to go to the garden just in time to see Melinda.

Henry and I left so they could have a little privacy.

Just before Melinda left I met her outside the gate.

"Thank you once again for coming, you just lift a big weight off my shoulders."

"Aww, you're so cute, your brothers must be really happy to have you as their little brother."

"I can still dream," I mumbled, "the driver will drop you off." I pointed at the black jeep.

"That's not necessary." She said.

"No miss, I'm oblige to drop you off." I smiled, she sigh before smiling.

"Fine, see ya!" She wave as the jeep drove off.

I walk back to the house, I was chatting with Tina on my cell while walking, I bump into someone.