1 × best friends.

Christina's POV:

"Blake, seriously? Get the hell up or I'm gonna pour this ice down your pants."

"You wouldn't."

"Oh, you know I would." I pulled the top of his shorts down a little and let an ice cube slip down his shorts.

"Alright! I'll get up!"

"Thank you," I said, lying across his bed after he got up. "Can you hurry up before we're late?"

"Chill, we'll be fine."

I watched him walk in the bathroom and when I heard the shower running, I got on Instagram and started making obnoxious comments.

After what seemed like forever, Blake finally emerged from the bathroom.

"It's about time you diva," I said. He shot me an evil glare, and I got off the bed laughing. "I'm gonna go wait downstairs."

I ran downstairs and sat on the couch waiting for Blake. After about twenty minutes, he came down.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

"I've been ready."

"Whatever. Let's just go."

We walked out to his car and made our way to Staples Center. It was Media Day for the Clippers, and I was the photographer, which I was extremely excited about.

"Do you think your outfit is appropriate to wear in front of a bunch of men?" Blake asked, looking at me, then back at the road.

I wore a gray crop top with a black skater skirt and my gray converse. I didn't think there was a problem with it, but Blake has always been super protective over me.

"Blake, no one's gonna be looking at me," I said, fishing my phone out of my bag. "Besides, all these men are married or in relationships."

"They're still men, Chris. It's not gonna stop them from staring."

As Blake & I were talking & laughing about the most random things, I got a text from my boyfriend, Dominic.

From: lover boy 😍💛
I'm not gonna be able to go out tonight. Sorry baby. I love you.

me: love you too...

I rolled my eyes and set my phone in my lap. He always did this, and it was so annoying.

✕•✕•✕

Blake's POV:

"What's wrong?" I asked after noticing Chris had stopped talking.

"It's Dom. He just cancelled our date. Again," she said, clearly upset.

I didn't know why she was with him. He took her for granted, and it pissed me off. Christina was my best friend, and I just wanted to see her genuinely happy.

"Chris, why do you put up with him?" I asked.

"He's not all bad, Blake. I love him, and he makes me happy," she said, looking out of the window.

Yeah, sure.

"Anyway, I don't wanna talk about him. How's Ford?" she asked, hooking her phone up to the aux cord.

"He's good. He's trying to talk more."

"Aw! I'm gonna text Brynn to see if I can babysit tomorrow," she said.

That's what I loved about Christina — she had such a good heart. She loved Ford, and she didn't judge me like everyone else did when she found out about him.

She started playing her favorite song, "Telegraph Ave" by Childish Gambino, and I could tell she was already feeling better.

Foot on the gas
I'm just tryna pass
All the red lights
And the stop signs
I'm ready to go...

She sang along to the song, and I smiled. She actually had a really nice voice.

We arrived at Staples Center, and she happily skipped inside. Her assistant and her equipment were already here; all she had to do was wait on us.

✦✦✦✦

After we were finished for the day, I watched as Christina packed all of the equipment into the truck. When she came back inside, she walked up to Chris, DJ, Matt & I.

"Since you're not going out with Dominic tonight, you should come out with me and Lauren," I suggested to her.

"Uh, no. You know I hate being a third wheel. It's tacky & annoying."

"We're going to a club, and Matt & DJ are going, so you won't be a third wheel."

"Alright."

I saw Dominic walk in, but I didn't say anything. After cancelling dates with Christina, he would show up to her house or job to "make it up to her." It was w never-ending cycle with him.

"Hey babe," he said, walking up behind her.

"What are you doing here?" she asked. She sounded a little confused and a little annoyed.

"I felt bad about canceling our date, so I took the rest of the day off. We can still go out if you want," he said, putting his hands on her waist.

"I already told Blake I would go out with them tonight," she said, looking at me.

I bit the inside of my cheek and cursed myself out under my breath for what I was about to do.

"Why don't you come with us, Dom," I suggested.

"Nah —"

"Please baby," she said, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Okay."

She kissed him, and it honestly made me sick. She deserved so much better than him.

"Bye guys! See you later," she said as she walked out with Dominic.