Chapter 12 *

Sirius pov

With the blanket over me I couldn't see anything but I could definitely hear them. I can't hear exactly what Mulciber says to Regulus but I can hear the hurt in Regulus' voice. Forced to stay still I sit there waiting. I hear the door shut and someone laughs.

"I'm am so sorry I couldn't step in earlier but you know can't give myself away!"

The blanket is taken off of me and a girl stands above me. She mutters the counter curse and I'm free to move again. I start to sit up but I'm stopped by the girl, "Uh-uh let me fix your ribs!"

I give her a look, "I'm fine Emmy! I've had worse injures."

Emma rolls her eyes, "Please? Just let me fix it! And your nose while I'm at it!"

I sigh, "Fine. But do it quick the boys will be wondering where I've been."

"Episkey!" she whispers. 

My nose snaps back to place and I gasp in pain. She moves onto my ribs and says something I can't hear. It's just more pain.

"Now can I sit up?" I ask teasing her.

She chuckles and says sarcastically, "No! You shouldn't get up yet!"

She reaches out her arm, I grab it and stand up. I brush myself off.

"There all better! Look I can't thank you enough for following me, even though I told you not to." I say looking at her.

"You're lucky I did follow you, because who knows how long you'd have been in here! Besides what's family for?" she says smiling.

"Clearly for beating the crap out if each other. Shall we go?" I ask nodding towards the door.

She nods and helps me limp to the door. 

"I'm taking you to the hospital wing whether you like it or not." She says, not looking at me.

"You know... you're kinda pretty when you're mad." I saw smirking. "We must have the pretty genes."

She glances at me out of the corner of her eye, "Don't hurt yourself Black. I mean you do have a girlfriend."

"So? She'll understand!" I say leaning into her more.

"That is if you ever tell her about me!" she says warning me, "You're about to get yourself into deep waters. I know for a fact you don't want to mess with her. Her torture techniques are on point."

My hands go to my hair instantly. Emma bursts out laughing.

"Hey!" I say my face turning bright red, "it really hurts!"

She rolls her eyes, "I bet it does but I'm not going to go anger her enough to see!"

"I don't try to upset her!" I say, frowning.

I wonder if I really do make her upset that much. I hate making her upset.

"Oh no, no! Not like that! I know you don't try to upset her. I'm just saying, with me not being friends with her it would be really stupid to go anger or upset her!" she says quickly as we walk up the stairs to the hospital wing.

I chuckle, "You worry to much."

She rolls her eyes, "You don't worry enough."

Emma pushes open the door and helps me limp through to the room. Madam Pomfrey rushes over.

"What happened?" she asks ushering me over to a bed. "First day back and already you've gotten into trouble haven't you?"

"I fell down the stairs, I think I broke my rib!" I mutter with a  grimace.

"I tried my best to mend it before I brought him here." Emma says walking over.

Madam Pomfrey pushes against my side and pain shoots up my side. She sighs, "It would have been easier to mend if you'd brought him straight to me."

I look over at Emma and she's looking at her feet in embarrassment.

"Em, it's not your fault! So stop!" I say smiling at her.

Madam Pomfrey makes a sound and I glare at her. She shuts her mouth shaking her head, but she walks off.

"You think you'll be all right for the night?" Emma asks coming over.

"Yeah, I'll be alright." I say laying down.

"Goodnight Black!" she kisses me on the cheek and runs out before I can stop her.

I'm left with nothing but silence and pain.