Chapter 28 *

Elspeth pov

"Can I ask you something?"

I look up at James, "Yeah, what about?"

"Well after she, well you know, attacked you. You were lying in blood. Your voice box is damaged. What happened?"

"Walburga cut my throat? James, we've been over this many times."

"I know. But Sirius was a wreck when we go there. He still is. I just need to make sure he's okay."

"Of course he's not okay. He literally got kidnapped. But I'm telling you, all she did was slit my throat." I rub at the scar.

I've gotten my voice back but it still aches. On top of that I've been coughing up blood, though I've hidden that from my friends.

James frowns, "Sorry. I know you still don't like talking much."

I smile, "James, stop being sorry."

He returns the smile and lays back on his bed. He pats the spot next to him and I lay down next to him, laying my head on his shoulder. It doesn't take long to fall asleep against the warmth of his body.

What must be hours later, I slowly wake up but I keep my eyes closed listening to the conversation around me, "She always looks worried when she's asleep. I hate it, I always want to wake her up."

"Don't she needs to sleep. But I know what you mean, she used to scream in her sleep to."

That's true. I deal with really bad night terrors. There had been a couple of times where Sirius had tried to wake me up, which ended with him getting hurt. I realize I'm laying on James and Sirius is talking to him, "Something is going on, I wish I knew what it was, I wish I could help her."

My heart swells, "Sirius, she's keeping secrets from us."

"I know. But it's her choice to share them, she's gone through a lot lately." Sirius mutters stroking my hair.

"She knows she can talk to all of us right? We will keep her secrets just like she keeps ours." James is whispering trying not to wake me.

Sirius sighs, "I think she knows, she just can't."

"But you can? I'm just saying there's something messed up about all of this." James mutters moving a bit.

"James drop it. She's already told you she can't tell any of us what is happening or at the least not now." Sirius says sitting in the bed next to us.

I open my eyes and Sirius smiles, "Hey love!"

"Hey, how long was I out?" I ask flinching at the sound of my raspy voice.

James shrugs, "A few hours."

I look at him, "And you stayed here the whole time?"

James smiles, "Well I wasn't about to wake you."

I frown a bit, "That bad?"

Sirius looks at me, "No, he honestly just didn't want to wake you."

I look at them entirely not believing them but I get up, looking at the clock on James' desk, "Crap! Is it already 9? Great now I won't be able to sleep!"

Sirius chuckles, "Well have a good night love. You'll be going to Hogsmede?"

I nod smiling, "You know me to well."

"Alone?" James asks still sitting on his bed.

"Yes alone. Who else would I go with?" I challenge him but he backs down.

"Just be safe." He mutters shooing us out of his room.

"I will be! Good night Jamsie!" I call, he glares at me and shuts his door.

"Be aware of where you are. I love you!" Sirius says walking to his room.

"Yeah, Yeah. I love you too!" I say giving him a kiss on the cheek.

I walk down stairs after grabbing a sweater, Mrs. Potter is in the sitting room knitting, "Where are you off to dear?"

"I'm going to Hogsmede to just walk around. I fell asleep for hours so I won't be able to sleep." I say throwing on my jacket.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? With the killings?" She asks nervously.

"I'll be fine Mrs. Potter. I have my wand and I'm not bad at hiding." I wink at her.

"Oh alright just be back at a decent time!" She says front the couch as I put on my boots.

"Thank you! Please don't wait up for me." I say waving.

"Can't promise that!" I hear her call as I shut the door. I walk down the path from their house. Once I'm far enough away I apperate to just outside of Hogsmede. I walk down the empty paths with my hands in my pockets. I take my time walking around Higsmede and find my way to the cemetery back in the corner if town. I push the gate to the cemetery. I walk down row after row until I find where he's buried. I run my fingers over the stone, Harold Haven, 1964-1975.

This was my first visiting here on my own since my brother died. I glance over at the stone next to his seeing my mother's name. I bite my tongue and look at my watch and see it's about midnight. I start to walk back to James' home. I walk up to the gate pushing it open, it creaks. It's like I'm from some horror movie, honestly. I walk up to the door pushing it open quietly. I step inside and take of my jacket and boots. James' cat curls around my ankles purring, so I pick him up and walk into the sitting room to see Mrs. Potter asleep on the couch. I smile and move to wake her but I step away, she looks so peaceful. Instead I walk up to their book room to read for the rest of the night.