Chapter 22 *

Emma pov

I take a deep breath. I can do this, I've been telling myself this all month. Mum should be coming up any minute now so I lay down under my covers and wait. This is the riskiest thing I've ever done but Sirius deserves to be happy. I wait in silence, she still hasn't come up after 10 minutes. Now I'm getting worried, I slowly take the blankets off me to go see if she's home. I walk over to the door and I hear her climbing up the latter. I rush back into the bed just as she opens the door.

I let out a sickly moan and she tsks, walking over to me. I bury myself deeper into my bed, "Are you sick?"

Normally a mother would show concern with this but her voice is cold. I groan again continuing the act. She backs away and goes downstairs. I smile because I know shes coming back, she left the door open. Sure enough I hear her bringing Dad and I nod to James' owl who's sitting outside the window. He let's out a small hoot flying off to Sirius. Perfect. I bury myself back into my blankets just in time. I hear Mum trying to avoid my bed but my Dad is more daring.

He comes up and rips off my blankets, "You're not actually sick are you?"

His eyes hold angry flames. I shake my head, "I'm sick. I swear."

I turn towards him with my face all red and wet. His face turns to disgust in a split second as he backs away too. I put the pillow over my face to hide my smile but just my luck he rips off the pillow before I can hide it.

"What are you smiling about?" He demands grabbing my hair.

I keep smiling, "What do you mean Dad?"

He slaps me, hard. The smile slides off my face and turns into a scowl, "Quit playing games girl! If you are planning something---"

I hear a crash from outside my window and flinch. Crap. Mum strides over to the window and runs downstairs screaming after Sirius. Dad turns to me and I look him straight in the eye.

"You know about him?" He screams.

I narrow my eyes, "Known him forever."

His eyes are bulging and he yanks me down the stairs by my hair. My scalp screams in protest, but I ignore it. Because damn am I in some deep shit. He drags me into the sitting room where Mum is standing.

"He got away. What the hell is she doing down here?" She looks outraged.

"She has known about them. Since you tried to erase them." He yanks me forward and Mum leans into my face, "You little bitch. You helped him get out didn't you?"

I shrug glaring at her, "Maybe I did. Why would I tell you anyways?"

She whipped her wand so it was under my chin, "Because if you don't you will suffer for your consequences!"

I narrow my eyes standing straighter. She yanks me against the wall and pins me there. I gasp for breath as she pushes against my chest, "Fine we'll do this the hard way."

I glance past her and see Regulus standing there his eyes wide. I can't let them know he's here. I look at him and beg him to go. Unfortunately Dad saw this. He looked behind him and saw Regulus standing there. Regulus eyes turned to fear as Dad rushed at him.

"Did you know about this?" Dad says grabbing the collar of Regulus' shirt.

"He's not a part of this! It's just me!" I gasp,  trying to break free.

Dad looked at Regulus, "If I find out that you were indeed a part of this. We will have issues."

He let's go of Regulus and he runs back up the stairs, looking back at me. I nod, telling him to go. Mum turns back to me pressing harder into me, her wand under my chin.

"You think you're such a rebel don't you?" She spits in my face.

"Well aren't I?" I gasp as she slaps me.

"Quit being a smartass. It's not going to help you." Dad mutters.

"For once he's right. It won't help me, it's just fun to do!" I smirk.

"Cruccio!" Mum screams.

My bones turn to fire and I gasp from pain. I fall forward to my knees folding over. Mum makes it stronger and I let out a yelp, "Not so strong now are you?"

She kicks my side and my eyes water with tears. I hold back my screams as she whispers, "Would you get me my ring?"

The ring. The ring is what she uses to burn us. It hurts, a lot. For years I've seen her use it on Sirius, only recently has she tried it with me. The only reason she uses it with me is because it's my weakness, especially on my face. Dad stalks of to her office and Mum grabs my chin releasing the curse.

"You will pay for helping him. I told you that, it could have gone differently if you'd only told the truth!" She whispers smiling.

"Liar!" I scream.

I try to get away from her as Dad walks in, twirling the ring between his fingers. He looks at me smiling his nasty smile. I scramble backwards away from them but Mum grabs my leg.

"Nice try. My ring?" She snarls.

Dad hands it to her giddily. Mum spells it so it sets fire. I watch it burn as she holds it in front of my face. She let's it burn out but the metal is still red from the flame.

She moves it towards me and first places it on the palm of my hand. My hand blisters instantly and I cry out in pain as Mum laughs.

I really hope Sirius is having better luck then I am.