Chapter 33 *

I look up at her, but stay silent. She shakes her head, "I really do, Reg."

"Gracie..." My heart is pounding in my chest.

She opens her mouth only to rush out of the compartment. "Gracie wait!" I mutter stand up after her.

She keeps walking and not before long I lose her in the crowd. I glance around trying to find the back of her blonde head, but she's gone, just like that.

I stumble back to the compartment cursing under my breath. Why is it that every time I try to talk to her, it's my fault she walks away? She surprised me by saying she loved me, and all I wanted to do was say it back. But I couldn't, I don't know why.

----------

I roll my eyes hearing Mum screaming at Kreacher downstairs. I stare up at my bleak ceiling trying to ignore the pounding headache ricocheting through my head.

I flinch as a door downstairs slams, but at least the house is now silent. I stand walking over to my desk picking up the letter sitting on it,

Reg,

I'm sorry about the train, I shouldn't have said I loved you. Not that I don't because I do. Either way, I hope you're still considering to stay next year at Hogwarts, toh say there's not much else you can learn well I say you're wrong! Write back, if you can, I'll be waiting.

Gracie <3

I smile looking at the letter sitting lightly in my hands as I sit, writing back,

Gracie,

You had every right to say that. I should be the one apologizing, I guess I'm trying to say I love you too. I'm still thinking about it but I will keep you in mind.

Regulus

I fold the small letter and send my owl off with it. I sit at the window as the sun stares at me from behind the dark cloud threatening to hide it. The air pushes lightly against me bringing scents of the nearby ocean. I start to hum one of the muggle songs that Gracie has been muttering lately as I hear Mums pounding steps coming toward my room.

I stop and turn my attention to her as she stands in my doorway with her arms crossed, "Where's your owl? I need him."

My heart pounds slightly, "I've just sent him off, to Severus."

I chose to say him because he will cover for me if something happens. Mum stares at me with her eyes narrowed, "Well send him to me once he gets back."

I nod and look back out my window. I hear her walk away but I still sense someone in my room. I glance over and see Kreacher standing there shaking his head, "Master Regulus, has lied."

I tap my finger against the window pane, "Yes I did now keep that quiet please Kreacher."

He scoffs but turns out of the room with his mouth shut. I lean my head back and climb out onto the roof, only to see someone staring at me, "Took you long enough to come out here."

I sigh, "What are you doing here Em? If Mum finds you--"

She waves that idea away like it's nothing, "She won't. Either way I came to see you."

I sit feet apart from her, "And why is that? I hope you all realise I'm fine here."

I feel her eyes scan over my thin body, "I know that, I came because I spoke with Dumbledore. About the Order."

I whip my head toward her, "Keep your fucking voice down would you!"

She rolls her eyes but does lower her voice, "So you're leaving Hogwarts? To go to the Death Eaters."