Chapter 30 *

Mum and Dad stare at me, "You're what?"

I raise my eyebrow, "I'm joining the Deatheaters next week."

Mum smirks, "We're proud of you Regulus. Why don't you go upstairs and rest?"

I shrug and stalk up the stairs sighing. I actually got out of that, how? I have no clue. I wish I didn't have to say that, because I could've dropped out and bailed but now that Mum and Dad know. I'm stuck, I won't be able to bail. I walk up the stairs dragging my feet behind me. I stumble down the hall almost step on the house elf.

"Kreacher is so very sorry for getting in Master Regulus' way!" Kreacher squeaks from by my feet.

"It's okay Kreacher." I mutter pushing past him.

"But it's not! I have gotten in my masters way!" He cowers against the wall.

"It's fine. Drop it." I look at him and my heart races thinking of Sirius.

Kreacher nods his head quickly and rushes off to god knows where. I sigh and fall into my bedroom. I throw my bags onto my floor and collapse into my bed.

-------

Sirius pov

I stand there staring at him walk away toward the place I'd abandoned. He mutters something to James' parents and stalks off. I don't move because I'm afraid that if I do, I'll shatter into thousands of pieces. James glances at me and sees my face. He walks over with a look of concern, "You alright mate?"

I nod slowly, "Fine."

I can tell James doesn't believe me but I don't care. I walk up to his parents and we apperate to their home, my home.

--------

Regulus pov

I wake up and rub the sleep from my eyes sighing. Today's the day, that I become the enemy. I put on my nicest casual clothes and stride down the stairs I walk into the dining room to see my Dad on the other side of the table with a newspaper in front of his face, as always. Mum has locked herself into her office for the past week, I've seen her very little since the school year. I'm kind of glad. I sit down at my spot across from where Sirius used to sit. Seconds later Kreacher rushes into the dining room balancing four plates in his arm, he puts two in front of my Father and sets one in front of me, I give him a small smile. He sets the last plate in my Mums spot. I don't even realize I'm hungry till I've shoveled all of my food into my mouth. As I set my fork down Mum walks in with a smirk across her face. That's the thing about her, she doesn't smile, she smirks.

She sits across from Dad and picks up her fork, "When do you leave?"

Even though she's not looking at me, I know it's me she's talking to, "I think Severus is coming around five tonight. But I'm going to go to Hogsmede for a few hours later."

"Good." Is all she says.

I nod standing up, "If you'll excuse me."

Kreacher grabs my plate off the table and rushes into the kitchen. I walk over to the front closet and I pull the door open to grab my shoes and I walk out the front door. Since Sirius has been gone she's been leaving the front unlocked. I stuff my hands in my pocket and start to Hogsmede.

--------

Sirius pov

"Mum's going to bring us to Hogsmede later. So we can get some sweets to send to Lily and Remus."

I nod putting down the Quidditch magazine I was reading, "When?"

"Maybe in an hour or so." he shrugs flopping down next to me on my bed.