Chaptet 14 *

Regulus pov

"Regulus! Hurry up it's time for breakfast!"

I look up from my pillow and see Severus, Avery, and Mulcibur standing there. I sigh and push my blankets off of me.

"I'm coming, I'm coming!" I say yawning, walking over to my luggage.

"We get our schedules today! What are you most looking forward to this year Reg?" asked Avery sitting on my bed.

"Hm? Oh probably Potions," I say smelling my shirt.

"Potions great but the teacher! He's God-awful! You know who his class pet is in our year?" said Severus.

"No, who?" I ask finishing getting ready to go.

"Lily Evans! She's a stupid mud-blood! Can you belive that?" said Mulcibur gaging from on one of my dorm mates beds.

I grimace, "You're not kidding? That's just sad."

"Tell me about it." said Avery.

"Oh boohoo! She's a mud-blood, Severus! How do you even stand the stench?" teased Mulcibur as he saw the look on Severus' face.

"I'm not friends with her! I've told you that. She just seems to think so." said Severus bitterly glaring at us.

"Are we going to go eat, or did you wake me up for nothing?" I say from the door as they are all arguing.

"So you going to take muggle studies when you have the choice?" asks Avery holding back his laugh.

I stop in my tracks, "You disgust me!"

"Hey!", they all cheer.

"Spoken like a true Pure-blood!" said Severus.

Once we get to the great hall, we walk over to the Slytherin table and sit. I look around, theres only a few other people here this early. Theres a girl sitting alone at the Ravenclaw table and part of me recognizes her.. Sirius walks in and sits across from the girl. Eventually all his lot come and sit with them.

Then I hear something. Something I didnt want to here.

"YOU'RE HIS SISTER?" I hear James yell to the girl.

I freeze. What the hell? Why would he say that? I feel a tap on my shoulder. I look over and see Avery and Mulcibur deep in conversation and Severus looking at me.

"What do you think that's all about?" he asks his attention shifting back over to them.

"I've got no clue" I say, trying to keep my cool.

"I know you heard what James just said or rather yelled." he said looking down at the table.

"Yeah, yeah I did. But what can I do it's not like I can go talk to him!" I whisper.

"Go talk to the girl. I'll cover for you when ever you choose to do it." Severus picks at the table.

"Thank you." Maybe he does have feelings.

He nodded and went back to talking with the others. I ignored them and looked back over to where Sirius and the girl were sitting. I saw James storm off then the girl say something to Sirius' other friends, Remus and Peter, then rush off after James.

"I'm going to go for a walk," I say getting up and looking at where the girl was going. 

Severus looked at me and saw where I was looking, "Yeah okay."

They went back to talking but Severus smiled at me as I walked away. I smiled back at him. I rush over to the door and see Sirius watching me. I shot him a glare. I walked out the door and heard James yelling at the girl.

"No! He should have told me! You have no right to come out here and tell me what to do." he yelled.

"James, I know that!  It's not his fault, it's mine. I didn't want anyone to know. Don't blame him, he thought you would be happy for him and stand with him. Trust me this isn't the easiest thing for him to handle. I've told him many thing no one should have to hear, but guess what? It's reality." the girl says softly.

"I don't care how hard this is to handle! He should have told us, Emma! You were never supposed to be here, and now you're hurting him. You are just like the rest of your family aren't you?" snarled James as the girl, Emma, flinched.

"Don't you ever say that!" Sirius growls.

I turned around but stayed behind the statue but Sirius was looking straight at me, "You might as well come out Regulus."

I took a shaking breath and stood straighter then walked out from behind the knight statue. 

"She is nothing like them! How many times have I told you how they treat me? My Mum and Dad don't treat her much differently." Sirius says stepping towards James.

"He's right. She's nothing like me. She a horrible blood-traitor like you." I say coldly glaring at Sirius.

"I'm sorry? But you don't even know who I am." Emma says looking at me.

"I heard what James yelled in the hall. You're my sister, a Black." I say stepping towards her.

She raises an eyebrow, "Yeah, that's right. But I'm saying you have no idea who I am. I know exactly who you and Sirius are but you Regulus, you haven't a clue of who I truly am!"

I chuckle, "Just like I have no clue on who you are, you have no clue who I am."

Emma nods, "Exactly, now if you'll excuse me I have class now."

She walks of to where the Ravenclaw dormitories are located. James is still glaring at Sirius and Sirius is glaring right back. I step back behind the knight statue and keep my mouth shut listening.

"You kept this from me?" asked James clearly hurt that Sirius kept such a huge piece of information from him.

"You know I didn't want to, mate. I wish I hadn't, trust me. You guys should have been the first ones to know. I was scared, you know? She was like me, well, exactly like me! She came from the same family, she was a "Blood-traitor" like me! It's been the first time in years that I felt I could relate to someone in that level. And don't get me wrong mate, I love the way you and our brothers are here for me. But you've never truly understood me, just like we've never truly understood Remus." Said Sirius his voice cracking.

I stepped out from behind the statue, "Why don't you understand Remus?"