Chapter 44 *

After that night at the Potter's, I went back with Mickie while Emma stayed with Sirius. Luckily Mickie only had to deal with me for no less than a day before I went back to Hogwarts.

The morning that I was set out to leave she was sitting in the dining room watching me. In front of her was a large cup of coffee. She keeps glancing down the hall behind her to where Peyton is sleeping. After I finish collecting my few things I stand before her, "Um, thank you for letting stay here."

"I only did it because Emma trusted you." She snarls, "I hope you realize you won't be welcome here as long as you're with them."

She lets the last word slide off her tongue quickly. I nod, "I know. You have every right not to trust me."

"You're right, so leave."

I open my mouth to say something but decide against it. I grab my things and leave the small cottage. I look up at the sky with a sigh before apperating to Kings Cross.

I almost land on top of someone when my feet hit the ground. "Merlin kid. Watch it." The grumble before sliding further down the alleyway.

I straighten my clothes and step out into the light. I shoulder my bag and watch into the train station. I look around for Gracie or Lucas but failing to find either of them. I step onto the train, walking through he entire thing before finding an empty compartment. I toss my bag up above my head and sit down. I stretch my legs out across the seat and stare out the window, watching all the students rushing onto the train. A knock startles me at the door, Lucas stands there with a smile, "Thought I might find you back here."

"Hello Lucas."

"Wotcher! Where's Gracie? I figured she's beat me here." Lucas asks sitting across from me.

"Who knows, she'll be here soon." I say glancing back out the window.

But once the train starts to leave the station and Gracie still hasn't found us, I start to worry. Lucas doesn't seem to care as he rambles on about how his Christmas tree caught on fire before the Holiday. I laugh as he explains how it started.

"Mum thought it was me! I mean she had good reason to, but it wasn't I swear! I'm pretty sure it was our cat knocking over one of Mums many candles. Merlin, she has too many and she keeps getting more. Just this Holiday she got five new ones!"

"Five? Now that's just excessive." I laugh, tossing him a chocolate frog.

"Yeah you'd think she'd stop, but no. She needs more." He sighs, "Anyways how was your Holiday? What'd you do?"

"I got to see Emma and Sirius." I smile, glancing over as he ducks under the seat to retrieve the frog.

"Really? Didn't your mom kick them out? Or rather they left." He says his voice muffled. "Gotcha! Ow!"

He rubs his head after hitting it on the seat, I hold back a laugh, "Yeah they left, but then Mum kicked me out too."

"I'm sorry."

"Eh, doesn't matter. Not like I was going to stay around much later. I was planning to leave after the Holiday anyways."

"Well where'd you go? You could've came over to my place." He offers.

"You're dad would've ended me the second he figured out how I am. I just stayed with Emma and her girlfriend. A roller coaster ride if you ask me." I mutter, rubbing my tired eyes.

"Why's that? Well obviously it would be with Emma..." He's reading through the chocolate frog card. But then he tosses it aside, in his pile of wrappers.