Chapter 17 *

Sirius has been staring at me for the whole year, day after day. Every single time he looks away when he sees me looking back at him. Severus and them are really horrible to each other. I can tell Sirius is nervous about going home over the summer because lately he looks tired. As has Remus but of course he has a reason. He's a werewolf. I've known for a few months, I can tell Sirius doesn't know.

Last month I confronted Remus about it. He asked me not to tell anyone and I honestly have no clue why I haven't told everyone at this damn school by now. Me and Severus are the last two in the dorms because Mulicibur and Avery are already down in the hall.

"So have you talked to your parents about coming over this summer?" asked Severus.

"Not quite yet. But I'll send you an owl when I get an answer." I say finishing packing.

He nods and walks over to the door, "Are you good here?"

I nod and smile, "Yeah I'm alright. See you in the hall."

He turns and walks out. I sit down in my bed thoughts racing through me. It's hard to belive I've only been here a year. I feel like I know how this school works inside and out. I'm scared to go home, even though I have nothing to be scared of. Its Sirius who needs to worry. Mum and Dad won't be very happy that he walked out last summer. I sigh and walk up to the hall. It's our final meal at Hogwarts for the year, you know it's only been like 9 months. I go over and sit by Severus and Avery leans towards me, "Did you have a good year?"

"Well yeah! It was great. I do wish that we could stay longer." I say.

Avery laughs, "I know what you mean. I always want to stay here over the summer."

"The best was first year. It was semi new to all of us still and Mulcibur here got himself stuck in the Room of Requirements.", Avery flinched back as Mulcibur raised his arm.

"He's lying!" grumbled Mulcibur.

Severus burst out laughing. "Why are you laughing? Last year you were sent to Pomfrey after James hexed you." challenged Avery.

I raised my eyebrows, "Avery what about you? What have you done?"

He looks at me startled, "Me? What do you mean? I'm perfect!"

"You are not! Every single year you end up hurting yourself! Do you not remeber our first day here?" Mulcibur chuckles.

Avery glares at Mulcibur, "You shut up about that!"

I looked at him, "Why what happened?"

Avery slams his head on the table, "I fell down the stairs."

I laugh, "You what? How do you even do that?"

"Shut! Up! Will you? I was talking and I missed the steps. And then the girls started laughing." Averys face was getting redder and redder.

"Your attention please!"

We all looked up to see Professor Mcgonagall standing at Dumbledores podium.

"Today is the day we say goodbye to our 7th years and this year at hogwarts. I have a few things to announce a few things before we eat. First let's all give a round of applause to our Care of Magical Creatures Professor Jewelre. She has announced this will be her last year here." Dumble stopped talking while everyone clapped.

"And lastly, the house cup winner!" At this every single person in the hall goes nuts. I whistle and Severus jumps up clapping.

"In forth place we have Hufflepuff with 436 points! In third is Slytherin with 478 points! In second is Gryffindor with 519 points! And in first place, Ravenclaw with 532 points!", announced Dumbledore.

As he said the winner the decor was changed to blue and silver. I clapped but I was irritated that we'd only gotten 3rd. Avery was so angry because James and Sirius were smiling at us from across the room. I had to pinch him to keep him from charging over at them. Soon after the cheering died down food appeared in front of us.

I reached for the pudding and serve a large helping. I can feel Sirius' eyes on me but I refuse to look at him. Severus can see them too and he rolls his eyes. I hate eating in the hall because we eat with all the other houses. I don't mind Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw, only because they stay off on their own. But Gryffindor is a whole other story. I see Gracelyn staring at me too but I ignore her. As soon as Dumbledore announces where to go, we all stand up quickly and rush off to the carriages so we can get a good spot on the train. I am one of the first few onto the train. And oddly enough we go to the same compartment as we did on the way here.

"Is this the compartment you always go to?" I ask sitting down.

Severus nods sitting next to me, "Since first year. Sirius' is on the opposite side of the train."

I smile and look out the window waiting for the train to move so I can just go home and be left alone. I really just hate being with others over half the time. I hated being down under the lake all year. I felt so trapped all the time. And now? I feel the same because I can't just walk out. I have to stay here, because I'm not about to leave to another compartment again. That was childish and humiliating for me.

I feel the lurch as the train started to go back to King's Cross. I zoned out the whole ride but I don't think I missed much because Avery fell asleep. Severus got us up by yelling at the top of his lungs only to burst out laughing. I don't even flinch. I just turn to look at him and see Avery on the floor moaning.

"I'm so confused on what's happening?" I say looking at Mulcibur as hes clutching his gut.

I look out the window and I see we are pulling up to Kings Cross. I grab my trunk and step over Avery as he's rolling on the floor. I walk off the train and see Sirius standing of to the side with his friends. I can see Elspeth staring up at Sirius with a worried look as are all of his friends. He says something and Elspeth nods and hugs him. Everyone smiles and he walks towards our parents. I'm standing next to Dad as he turns before Sirius can cause a scene.