Chapter 20 *

Sirius pov

People are staring at me. Its because of my bruises, it's also not helping that I'm limping. I'm walking slightly behind my family as we enter King's Cross. Mum and Dad are talking to Regulus as I see my friends. I smile and start to walk over but Dad grabs my wrist, "Try any thing stupid and we'll hear about. You hear me?"

"Loud and clear." I snarl as James glares at my Dad.

He releases me and I walk over to my friends with my head down. We walk quickly onto the train without saying anything. But once we get into our compartment James lost it, "What the hell did they do to you?"

I pushed my trunk into the slot above us, "Nothing happened James. I'm fine honestly."

"Cut the crap!" Remus glared, "You are not fine."

I rolled my eyes, "Fine! You know what I'm not fine! You happy?"

"No we're not! Have you seen yourself? Your a bruised and you're limping. You look exhausted!" James snarls.

"I have actually! I've been dealing with this shit all summer! Can't you give me a break?" I beg.

"No because it'll just happen again--" Remus starts.

"You're right it will. It will happen summer after summer. At least until I move out." I yell.

"You're not going back there--" Remus starts but is interrupted by the door sliding open.

I collapse into my seat burying my face in my hands, "Sirius what wrong?"

I recognize the voice instantly as Elspeth. I move my hands and she gasps, "Why didn't you fucking write to us? We could have helped you!"

"That was the reason this happened! Remeber last summer when I escaped to James' place?" They all nodded, "They attacked me because if that!"

James' face goes white, "I-- I didn't know Mate! You should have stayed this summer!"

"I couldn't leave Regulus with that! Look he may be nasty to me but he's my brother! He can't deal with them alone and I know Emma is there but if Mum or Dad find out she knows about us. They'll hurt her worse than me." I let out a sob.

Elspeth kneels in front of me, "Love, we are here for you! We won't judge you know that. Also you know we'd all take a bullet for you as you would do for us."

"Never. I would never let you!" I mutter looking around as they all nod.

"There might be a time where you can't stop us." Remus shrugs sitting across from me.

We all go quiet. We listen listen to the people laughing outside the compartment, "I'll be fine. I'll be of age in a few years anyways."

"A few years? You think you could hold out that long?" Remus whispers.

"If it doesn't get worse then, yes I can." I whisper back as Elspeth leans into me.

"And if it does? Get worse?" Elspeth gasps.

"I--I don't know. I could be--" I take a deep breath, "I could be killed by them. We all know that wouldnt be hard to do."

"You won't. I won't let them."

I look over at the compartment door to see Emma standing there with tears streaming down her cheek.

She moves to sit by me and she grabs my hand, "I know you remeber what I've told you. It's all the truth, I will do anything to protect you!"

"As will we!" Peter squeaks.

James and them all nod. Remus quickly changes the subject to quidditch knowing James will talk for most of the train ride. Elspeth rests her head on my shoulder stroking my hand. Eventually Emma leaves to go find her Ravenclaw friends. I sit in silence the whole way there and as we get off a little second year Hufflepuff comes up to us, "You're Regulus' brother right?"

I look at her confused, "Yeah. Why, has something happened?"

"Not really I just saw he has a bruise across his cheek. I was wondering if y'all were alright!" The girl says nervously.

"Nothings wrong I promise. We're both fine. What's your name?" I reply as James and them walk to the carriages.

"Gracelyn Tear. But I go by Gracie!"

"Pleassure. If you'll excuse I need to catch up with my friends!" I say politely.

She nods and wanders off to god knows where. I run over to where the carriages are. I see James, Remus, Peter and Elspeth standing there waiting for me. I smile and we all climb into one. Elspeth gasps and jumps back from the front of the carriage.

"What's wrong?" I ask looking around.

"You don't see that?" She mutters pointing in front of herself.

We all shake our heads, "What do they look like?"

I look over at Remus confused, "They're rather thin and black. Like horses."

"Threstals!" Peter gasps.

"Threstals? What the hell are those?" Elspeth asks.

"Death omens some say. If you've seen death then you see them." Remus explains.

"Oh." Is all Elspeth could say.

"If you don't mind me asking who'd you see die?" James asks cautiously.

"My Uncle. He had an illness and died about two weeks ago." Elspeth whispers.

"Oh I'm sorry to hear about that." I say leaning into her.

"Its okay I didn't know him well. He just died! You know? He collapsed and bam he was dead."

Remus nods. We get off the carriage when it stops and we start up to the castle. Filch is standing by the gate with his arms crossed glaring at us, "Hello Filch! Excited for this year? We sure are!"

As I say this with a smirk his eyes go wide and he hobbles off to the castle. We all burst out laughing until we get into the castle where Mcgonagall is standing waiting for the students. She gives us a smile and a nod. We all wave but keep walking to the hall. As we push open the door, I smile.

Because I'm finally home.