Chapter 40 *

{To begin, I know my whole timeline is off, but I'm to lazy and in to deep to change it! ;p}

She sticks her tongue out at me from across the great hall ignoring Dumbledores closing speech. I muffle my chuckle with the sleeve of my robes, not taking my eyes off of her. She continues to make faces at me until one of her friends elbows her side trying to get her to stop. She shakes her head at something they say to her. She looks back to me shrugging as food appears in front of us.

The whole meal I barely touch anything simply not in the mood to eat tonight. I glance around the hall seeing all these smiling faces. I hear people laughing at things their friends said, I want to do that. I want to have close friends lile that. Of course I have Lucas and Gracie and perhaps Severus in ways, but its different. Gracie is a Hufflepuff, Lucas is younger, and well, Severus is Severus.

As Dumbledore allows us back to out dorms Lucas skips over to me humming, "Wotcher mate!"

I chuckle, "Hey Lucas, ready for summer holiday?"

He nods quickly, "Hell yeah! Can I come visit you and Gracie?"

"I think that would be alright, but you'd have to ask Gracie."

"Eh, she'll say yeah!"

"I know she will! Thus why I said it, note the sarcasm." I mutter ad we walk out if the hall toward the dungeons.

He stops allowing me in front of him, hopping onto my back. He rests his arms around my neck as I continue walking, "What about you excited for summer holiday?

I shrug, "As ready as I can be. I'm going to miss this place."

He sighs, "And it shall miss you."

I follow the rest of the group into the common room setting Lucas down, "Well I bid you a good night sir Regulus!"

"Good night to you as well Lucas!" I call walking up the stairs to my dormitory.

I lazy get ready to climb into bed before I hear someone calling my name from my bed. "Someone is outside the common room asking for you." One of my dorm mates says.

"Thanks." I reply, confused on who's waiting for me.

I walk out the tunnel leading into the common room. "Hey Reg!"

I smile, "Hey Gracie! Is there a reason you're sitting outside the common room?"

She stands up, "Well I was wondering if you'd like to go out for a walk? You know a not so midnight stroll?"

I feel my face heat up, "Yeah alright, just let me go change okay?"

She nods, "Meet me by the Hufflepuff common room in ten minutes."

She rushes off down the hall without another glance behind her. I shake my head with a light chuckle. I walk back into the common room up to my dormitories, quickly putting actual clothes on instead of pajamas. "Sneaking out? Never took you to be one to do that. Being who..." Doug, one of my fellow dorm mates calls to me from his desk.

"Who my family is?" I ask glancing over at him, "You'd be surprised on how different I am from them."

He scoffs, "You say that but if you think about it, you're just like them."

I fight the urge to roll my eyes, "Yeah whatever."

I walk out of the dorm ignoring the eyes of a second year in the main common room as I leave. I stride down the corridors hearing nothing but the distant cackling of Peeves. It's not to far to walk to the Hufflepuff common room, from the Slytherin one. Being they're both on either the main level or in the dungeons.