Chapter 47 *

Sirius makes his way through the crowd to us and leads us out of the station before pulling us into a shadowed alley. He looks at Gracie, "Why didn't you say anything about your family?"

She glances at me and then shrugs, "Because I have it under control."

Sirius shakes his head, "Look, I understand you feel you need to protect them yourself-"

"That's because I do need to. It's my family, which means they're my responsibility." Gracie says sternly, cutting Sirius off.

"Sirius she knows what she's doing." I step in, keeping my voice low, "You don't need to worry about them."

He sighs, "It's my job to worry about them. Dumbledore has told us to protect anyone who may be in the line of fire."

"Then protect yourselves. Because you're about to be in the front lines. Step down and stay safe. We all know Dumbledore can't protect everyone. And who knows who he'll sacrifice for the greater good next?" I say sternly, "I will talk to Dumbledore myself if it comes to that. Just please don't be stupid. Especially since I won't be able to safe your arse."

Sirius laughs, "First off I'm not the one who's stupid. If I remember right you were the one who nearly died trying to get that stupid necklace from that cave. And who came and got you out? Hm? Oh right me!" I bite my tongue gripping Gracie's hand tightly, "And two, what do you mean you won't be here?"

"It doesn't matter. Look I'm sorry we have somewhere to be right now." I mutter, rubbing my eyes with my loose hand.

Sirius glares at me, "Regulus if you don't tell me what you're planning-"

"You'll do what? What will you do? Because I need options here! I need some reason not to leave!"

"What about me and Emma? Are we just nothing to you?" Sirius snarls, leaning into my face.

"You don't get it! Thats the whole reason I'm leaving! Is because I don't want you guys getting hurt because of my mistakes!" I snap, quickly lowering my voice, "This is burden to carry and you can't help with it."

"Like hell we can't. We're your family, that's our job. Why to do you trust her to help with it more then us?" He motions to a cowering Gracie behind me.

I quickly step in front of her, "Don't you dare drag her into this. I trust her with my life, and it wasn't my choice to involve her, it just happened."

He takes a step back, "Merlin. I'm just like him aren't I?"

He voice shakes as he looks between us. "No you aren't. You'll never be like like him."

"Guess the old man rubbed off on me after all?" He laughs nervously, running his hand through his long hair.

"Sirius stop." I grab his wrists pulling them down, "You could never be like him. Because you're already a hundred steps ahead of him, and he's dead. You are better than him... you are better than Mum... you are better than me."

He lowers his eyes, "I shouldn't keep you..."

He shakes his hands from mine and walks away, disappearing from the street. Gracie drags me put of the alley and clings to my arm. "Well that went as well as expected."

I force a smile, "It sure did. You ready to go see your family now?"

She nods, "I suppose so."

She slides her wand out of her sleeve and brings us to her family.

She leads me inside calling out to her family.

Almost instantly a blur of blonde rushes into the room tackles Gracie. I chuckle as Mady sits on her sister with a huge smile, "You're back!"