Chapter 39 *

Emma pov

James muffles his laugh into Lily's shoulder, staring at Sirius. Sirius staring right back, in his dog form. I shake my head standing up walking out of the room after Remus and Peter. James and Lily just announced they are pregnant, that part is great. It's just Remus and Sirius have been going through a rough patch. Each of them throwing accusations in each others faces on being the traitor in the group. My thoughts drift back to Regulus, because he would know right? He'd know who the traitor was. But clearly not as information is still being leaked to the deatheaters. I shudder slightly feeling the cold air sweep into the small home. I walk over to close it seeing Remus standing right outside yelling at Peter, who's standing in the yard with a anxious look.

"Do you not know who his family is? Merlin, Peter it's him!" Remus yells trying to convince someone else that it's my brother.

I flinch, because if he's accusing Sirius because of our family, I'll be next. I keep silent trying to hear Peter's response but he says it almost silently. Remus steps to him angrily, "How do you not see it? He was raised around that shit! As was Regulus and you see him on that side of war."

"What about me?" I mutter just loudly enough staring at the back of his head.

I see him tense up as I continue, "I was raised there as well. Same as them, do you think I'm the traitor? Do you really think any of us would do that? Remus, you know Reg is with the order, you know all of us are. You have no right to throw it around, when in reality you have as much of a chance as us. Not saying you are because I don't believe it for a second."

He starts to turn but I've already gone back inside hearing more of the laughter from the living room. Instead I walk upstairs to the room where I've been staying when I come over. I close the door behind me and slide down against it clutching my head in my hands. My eyes burn with tears that I wish would just go away. Why is this happening to us? It's supposed to be a happy night, we're supposed to celebrate with James and Lily! None of this was supposed to happen... not the war...not anything. I hear a sob escape my mouth as I cover it quickly trying to take a deep breath struggling extremely. My chest heaves as if something was resting on it. I stare ahead of my catching my breath wiping the tears that streamed down my face. I sit in the darkness hearing the noise below fade into silence. I stumble over to the window pulling it open climbing out glancing down for a split second seeing nasty drop below me. I tug myself onto the roof above me, sitting with my legs hanging off the edge. The air is frigid but I can't feel it, with all the thoughts racing through my mind.

I hate almost everything around me, almost. There are things that I love, such as my friends and family. But then there's all these accusations being thrown around, the war, and Regulus. Not him necessarily but him still going to the meetings. If you-know-who finds out what he did, all of us are as good as dead, and I can be sure of that. Lily and James are restless with their little one coming. They're both worried soemthing will happen, all we can do is say otherwise. I don't want to live this life, this life of being ridiculed for who my family is. This life of having my friends attack each other. This life of my family being in constant danger and pain. This life of pain.

I feel a hot tear run down my face as I squeeze my eyes shut blocking out everything around me. Snow brushes against my face as it starts to fall. I can't stand the cold much longer so I stand up looking over edge hopping off carefully. I grab the window sill just before I hit the ground, letting go I drop the rest of the way to the ground. I stuff my hands into my robes walking away from the house further away so I can apperate.

— ———-

Sirius pov

A faint crack echos in the distance as I stand up quickly raising my wand walking over to the window looking outside, seeing nothing but snow. James runs around back checking as Lily stands slowly, "Is there anyone out there?"