Chapter 32 *

I frown seeing Sirius ahead of us laughing his ass off with his friends. I glance behind me to see if Mum is still trailing me but thank god she's not who knows what she would've done if she'd seen Emma and Sirius. I push my trolley over to the side of the train and walk onto the train looking for Severus, Avery, and Mulcibur. Once I finally find them the train has already started toward Hogwarts. The compartment is full of loud chatter and laughter, being they're last year at Hogwarts. "Regulus!" Avery cheers looking over at me.

I smile, "You three seem rather happy! Why is that?"

Mulcibur tosses me a chocolate frog, "Well it's finally our last year at this dump, finally get to put full time into the Dark Lord!"

I nod keeping the tight smile on my face, "Of course but you still have this whole year to get through, let alone with Potter and them."

Severus frowns slightly his eyes flashing something along the eyes of jealousy. Of course I know about his crush on that girl, Lily. I was one of the first to actually point it out, I accepted it. But not the others, they ridiculed him for it countless times. I always felt bad about it, I used to think he was different since he liked a muggleborn. But I suppose not.

"Yeah whatever! After this year we can just get rid of their stupid girlfriends. Then they'll take us seriously." Avery snarls not looking at Severus to see him flinch at the mention of killing Lily.

"That's the least they deserve." I say quietly.

I feel all three of them nod and then no one says anything. My thoughts drift to Gracelyn, I realize I haven't talked to her in who knows how long. Last time I talked to her, I don't think it ended very well. I try to picture her in my head but all I see is the first year girl I'd just met. The imprint she's made on me is truly amazing. I stand up muttering I'm going to find the food trolley. No one says anything so I slide out the door on my search for Gracelyn.

I walk through the halls looking in compartment after compartment trying to spot her honey hair. As I look into one at the end of the hall I fell someone tap on my shoulder, I turn around expecting one of my friends only to see Gracelyn standing before me with her hair tied in a long braid down her back.

"Are you looking for someone?" She asks in a quiet voice.

I smile, "Actually I was looking for you."

She grabs my wrist and guides me to an empty compartment slowly closing the door behind her. She stares at me with her back against the door, "Why were you looking for me Regulus?"

I look down at my hands as I sit, "I really should apologize, for the way I've treated you these past years. I've been an asshole."

She giggles a little, "That's true, it doesn't matter Regulus. You have something to uphold, and honestly so do I."

I look up into her blue gray eyes, "They leave next year."

She sighs and sits across form me her slender legs tucked underneath her, "I guessed so. What does that mean for you?"

I shrug leaning forward, "I don't know!"

She glances out the window, "So you went through with it?"

I sit up, "How—"

"I can see your arm."

I go silent, "It's not what you think,"

She frowns slightly, "You said that last time."

It's my turn to frown, "Gracie, I'm working for the Order! I'm spying for them."

She still doesn't look convinced by this. She stands up, "It was nice seeing you again Regulus."

She walks out sliding the door shut and walking back to her friends. I sit there staring at where she had been sitting, I don't blame her for that at all. I know what I'm viewed as, I've created that view for myself over the years. I just wish she would give me another chance, a chance to explain myself. I sit there for most of the rest of the train ride to Hogwarts and only when I see Hogsmede in the distance do I start back to Severus and them. I walk in and they all look up, "Took you long enough. Did you even get anything?" Avery says, looking at my empty hands.