5. Sana's weak side

JEONGYEON.

I was waken up by weird noises so I decided to check the house.

I get the spare keys on Momo's cabinet and checked the rooms one by one. Dahyun is sleeping soundly while Nayeon is hugging a pillow with her mouth partly open. I tugged some strands of her behind her ear and plant a kiss on her forehead.

I went to Sana and Chaeng's room only to find out that it is not locked. I entered the room and saw Chaeng lying flatly on her back. She seems to be having a deep sleep but Sana's bed is empty. Sana isn't here.

I went downstairs and picked Dahyun's baseball bat and continued checking the house. All the windows are close same with the doors. Even the kitchen is silent and empty.

The living room is just the same as we left it tonight and the only place I haven't checked yet is the rooftop.

I went upstairs silently avoiding to create noises. I sneak on the rooftop door. I saw Sana hugging her knees, crying.

I don't know why she is crying. She's in her jolly self the whole afternoon and night. Maybe something happened after we part ways to our bedrooms.

I was to approached her but I realized that she doesn't want anyone to know she's crying that's why she chose to let her heart out alone here in the rooftop. But still, I can't let her face her sorrow alone. I admit, my heart clenched seeing a crying Sana.

I made up my mind to approach her when she suddenly stand up, wiped her tears and fixed her dress. I retreated and ran back to our room which door is just in front of theirs.

She silently entered their room as if nothing happened. I waited for a couple of minutes before going out and peeking on their room. She is already sleeping. I wonder what her problem is. Maybe I'll just ask her tomorrow morning.
——
Morning came and the usual bickering noise woke me up.

I went downstairs and Sana isn't yet there. I decided to help Nayeon preparing pancakes for the girls.

"Want to try?" She signaled me to try frying pancakes as she's wearing that bunny smile that makes my heart flutter.

As I cook the pancake she back hugged me holding my hand to flip the pancake. It was truly a romantic moment for me not until Sana came and interrupted.

"What are you doing huh?" She looked like a mad mother that caught her children eating cookies without her permission. "Just because I woke up late, doesn't it mean you have the right to flirt, you Ostrich!" Sana pointed at me while her other hand is still on her waist.

"Omo? What did I do?" I cannot believe what she is pulling. I was about to give a smart reply until I noticed the dark circles under her eyes flashing the memories of Sana crying last night.

"Why? Last time I checked this ostrich is still single." Nayeon retorted putting her hands on her waist imitating Sana. I don't know but I internally blushed at Nayeon's action trying to claim me.

Nayeon's reply earned 'whoa's' from the girls peeking at the kitchen door.

Sana rolled her eyes and walked out bumping Momo in the process.

Nayeon giggled and faced me, "A mad Sana is a scary Sana. Go after her."

Wait what? She pissed Sana and now she wanted me to make it up for her? But then I remembered again Sana's state last night. I know she is going through something. Being nice to her for a day wouldn't hurt right?

I put two pancakes on a plate and went to the living room where Sana is backed to her jolly self playing some cards with the girls.

I fake a cough to make them notice me, a lift the plate on her and looked at confused Sana.

"Special Delivery." I said approaching Sana.

"I hope I do have a hot pancake delivery guy too." Chaeng said intertwining her fingers like dreaming.

"I bet it's bitter or it has a poison on it." Sana said turning her back to me.

I put down the plate on the table and side hugged her. "I use all the sweetness in my body to make that so rest assured it is the sweetest pancake you could ever try." I said trying to convince them but Momo didn't buy it.

"I know you for long and I know you only have 0.1% sweetness in your body." Momo said giving me an unsatisfied look.

Dahyun took a piece of the pancake and tasted it, "Uhmm it's pretty delicious." She said giving me two thumbs up.

"Yaah! How dare you eat my pancakes!" Sana said snatching the plate and started eating it. She mouthed thank you and I smiled at her.

"Uwu! #JeongSa on the house oh yeah!" Dahyun said making some swag.