33. Reconcilation

SANA

I really can't believe what I saw. Dad is showing my baby pictures to Jeongyeon!

"Aren't you mad that I'm with a girl now?" I asked him. He's still the intimidating man I know although he gone skinnier and wrinkles are starting to peek in his face.

"Are you happy?" He said holding my hand. I nodded.

"Then, there's no reason for me to get mad. All my life I wasn't there to take care of you. Who am I to deprive someone who takes care of you and makes you happy?" He said making my eyes blurry because of tears. He hugged me. I can't remember when was the last time I'm in this position with him.

"You're all grown up now. You look like your mother and is just as brave as her. I know you don't need me now but I hope it's not too late to make it up to you." He said stroking my hair. All my life I'm craving for a father's love. It feels surreal. I hope it's not just a dream.

I heard my father calling Jeongyeon who joined the hug after. Dad and her in a room? It's too much love to handle. I think I'm the happiest now.

Our little reunion was cut when my phone rang. Tzuyu is calling me.

'Unnie? Where are you? Mina unnie called her father, they agreed to help you."

I can also hear the girls talking simultaneously in the background. They're all asking if I'm fine, if Jeong is with me, my whereabouts and stuff.

"Hold on. First, I'm fine. Jeongyeon is with me now. We're on my fathers house. No need to worry now." I said chuckling. I know they're confused to I started the facetime so they could see dad.

"Hello. I'm sorry for making you worried but Sana and her girl is fine here. Don't worry, they are in good hands." Dad said scratching the back of his neck.

Their faces are still in shock as Jeongyeon and I waved at them. Only then they ponder what my father said.

"Unnie he came from Japan right? souvenir!" Dahyun whispered from the other line but dad heard it.

"I'll make sure to send my regards to you girls. Thank you for taking care of my baby. See you soon."

"Im not a baby, dad!" I pouted as I ended the call. Jeongyeon laughs at us.

"Anything funny?" I said raising my eyebrow to her. She covered her mouth and shook her head. It's now dad's turn to laugh at her.

I glared at my father so he looked at me confused.

"Yah, why do you have to kidnap her? I almost had a heart attack!" I blurted out.

"I'm sorry darling. What about a beach vacation as a compensation?" He said smiling cheeky at us. I pretended to think but the truth is I love the idea.

"Okay. But don't do it again okay?" I said pointing at him. He nodded before smiling and pulling me to a short hug.

"You can stay here for the night, Ling will lead you to your room after we ate dinner." He said pinching before pinching my cheeks. I still cannot believe that the lovely man in front of me is my dad whom I used to fear before.