39. Proposal (END)

SANA

Things were going well for everyone of us after we graduated. Nayeon is running her own resto in partnership with Momo, Jihyo and Kang are working in a same company, Mina and Chaeyoung put up a bar, Dahyun and Tzuyu are still studying. I'm working in my dad's company while Jeongyeon is working with Seungyeon unnie.

I was in the middle of board meeting when I was startled by a phone call from Tzuyu. I looked at the board and mouthed sorry before rejecting the call. As I proceed with the presentation, I received a text saying it's urgent followed by another phone call.

"Why don't you pick that up honey? That must be urgent." Dad said pointing the phone with his mouth.

I apologized to the board and excused myself for a while.

"Hello Tzuyu?"

"Unnie, Jeongyeon unnie was hit by a car. I think she's critical."

"What? Text me the address! Call an ambulance or police or whatsoever! I'll be there!"

I hurriedly get back to the conference room picking my things. My tears are starting to build up.

"What's wrong?" Dad asked as he approached me.

"Dad, Jeongyeon. She's—" He hugged me and stroked my hair.

"Want me to drive you?" He asked. I just nodded. He talked to the board before we left.

I can't help but to imagine things as we travel the road that seems eternity to me.

"Stop biting your nails honey." Dad said trying to hold my hand.

"What if she die, or what if she survived but forget me? What if—" I was cut short.

"Stop overthinking. Fix yourself. You have to be strong for her." Dad said. He comforted me throughout the drive.

When we arrived to the street Tzuyu had texted me, My make up is scattered in my face, My hair is messy and my eyes are swollen but I don't care. All I want is to see her.

I was about to get out of the car when dad stopped me.

"Wipe that black thing under your eyes at least. You'll regret going out with that believe me." He said giving me wet wipes.

I shrugged and just followed him. He lead me clearing the sea of people on our way. There I saw, the lifeless body of the girl I love, mouth partly agape, drenching her clothes with blood. Tzuyu is next to her taking care of her body. Mina is on the phone constantly dialing someone, and there Jihyo spotted my arrival.

"Finally, Mina said the ambulance will be there any minute from now." Jihyo said as she walked to me.

I lost my balance, Is this really how it ends? Jihyo caught me. I rely on her strength. Now that the person who's always gives me strength lies there lifeless, I cannot find my own strength too.

Jihyo guided me to Jeongyeon, Her face is pale. I would rather see her smirking all day, teasing me all day, hearing her no-jam jokes than to see her in this state. My eyes showered her with tears. I hugged her. I can't believe this.

I caress her cheeks with my thumb and there I felt with my middle finger, the pulse on her neck.

'She's Alive!'

I started shaking her body. She needs to wake up. She needs to hear my sorry! She needs to know I love her so much.

"Yoo Jeongyeon, You cannot leave me like this! You promise to marry me and give me kids! Please don't do this to me." I broke down. I'm hitting her but she's not responding. I'm losing my patience. Is she in coma?

The ambulance came and two nurses approached us. They put her in the stretcher.

"She probably suffer a head concussion. Vitals seems to be normal expect from the blood flow. She might need a blood transfusion." The nurse told me as he checked her.

"Is she in coma?" Why they are still checking her? Aren't they have to transport her?

"That's likely possible." He said.

I again shook her body. The nurses just watched me. I kissed her on her lips.

Yeah I know it's not sleeping beauty but I'm a fan and that might work!

Wait, I know this is ridiculous but I heard people in coma can still hear us and they just need motivation to wake up.

"Swear to God if you don't wake up at my count! Swear I'll leave you and I'll go marry Suho instead of you!" I shouted and stand up.

And there she is! Waking up as if nothing happened. Grabbing my hands, looking at me with those brown doe eyes.

"You'll never do that right?" Did she came back from the dead? Her eyes are full of expressions I cannot read. It's like cosmic projections.

She kneeled in front of me and I knitted her eyebrows. What the fuck is happening? The ambulance door opened revealing our dorm mates holding placards.

' WILL YOU ME MARRY ? '

I looked at everybody confused. Mina laughed and told Chaeng she's on the wrong position. Jeongyeon looked at them and palmed her forehead. I heard her whisper. "Aish these idiots."

"Sana." She called my attention and held my hand and held out a box with ring.

"I know this is too early but I'm sure of this. I can't picture my self with any other person for the rest of my life other than you. I know we're still young and we still will have more challenges to face but I want it to face with you." She started. My eyes became teary again and I can't help but covered my mouth with my hands. This is fucking real.

"Please let me spend the rest of my life with you. I know the first time you thought I'm proposing, all I have is a bottle of water. Now, I had blood stains all over my clothes. Will you be my wife and wash these clothes with me forever?" She said making almost every soul in the area laugh. Such a unique sense of humor.

"No." I said. Every one was shocked including her. She was left speechless and I saw how she's preventing her eyes to become teary as hell.

"No. I would wash that clothes of yours. You stained that so wash that yourself. But yes, I'll marry you." I smiled and there she is jumping in triumph. Everyone clapped as she lift me squealing with happiness.

She showered me with kisses before placing the ring on my finger. But then, we heard a loud bang startling me.

Calm your nerves, it was Seugyeon unnie popping the confettis.

Everyone congratulated us. My father hugged me with joy. Only then I realized his words about my messy eyeliner.

"You know this would happen! Do you?" I hit her shoulder glaring at him. He laughed.

"Every one is innocent until proven guilty by the court. I have the right against unlawful questioning." He said laughing at me. Then He shook hands with Jeongyeon.

"I entrust you with my daughter. Hurt her and I'll kill you." He said threatening my babe.

"I will never do it on purpose and will always avoid to do it even by accident." She said and hugged me.

There I was enveloped with the pair of arms with the same definition as home, giving me the warmth enough to keep me alive during winter and fall. Giving the enough shade to protect me during summer and spring. The same pair of arms I'll be spending with for the rest of my life for I SAID YES.

END.

———-
[A/N: sorry for the lame ending. Thank you so much 😘]