32. Test

SANA

I hurriedly ran to the police station to report the kidnapping incident before calling the girls. It's getting dark already. Momo said they will be here shortly.

I walked back and forth still processing everything that happened. A part of me says it could be my father but still I want to deny it. I wanted to believe that he will not do such thing.

"SANAAAAA!" The girls came and hugged me.

"Are you hurt? Where's Jeongyeon?" Momo said checking my arms if I got wounded or something.

That is the time I broke down. I'm not sure yet if she's okay. I wanted join the policemen who went back to the park but they insisted that I should stay here. I shouldn't left her in the first place.

Nayeon unnie shushed me as she hugged me. "She will be safe."

My sobbing gets louder when a policeman came back saying that they didn't find Jeongyeon.

"We didn't able to catch them but the team are now trying their best to track them. Do you perhaps got the plate number?" The policeman asked. The girls looked at me earnestly but I shook my head in disappointment. I'm such a useless idiot.

"I shouldn't left her." I said biting my lip suppressing my tears.

"It's not your fault unnie." Dahyun said trying to comfort me.

"Her phone is off." Chaeng worriedly said.

"Girls, we have to calm down okay? I'll call Mina and the girls too. They will be a great help." Momo said patting my shoulder. "You need to rest."

"Pull yourself together. We could find her okay?" Nayeon unnie said assuring me.

I went to the bathroom to wash up when I received a call. It's from an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Hello my child, why don't you visit me?"

"Otousan? Where are you? Swear, if I found out that you're the one behind this crap, I will never forgive you!"

"Aw sweet. I wish you could be that sweet to me too. Same ol' place dear. Same old place."
——-

"I need the car keys!" I said shaking Nayeon unnie.

"Where are you going?" Nayeon unnie asked hesitantly getting the key on her pocket. "We will not let you go alone."

"It's my father unnie. Please trust me! I need to face him alone."

She's about to retort but I snatched the key from her and hurriedly ran out.
————————

JEONGYEON

I saw the old man dialed someone on his phone and when I heard it's Sana, I tried to shout but this psycho covered my mouth.

"Same old place dear, same old place." He said on the other line looking at me before ending the call.

Knowing Sana, she's probably on her way here which is not good. I know it's only a trap to capture the both of us.

"Mister, please I beg you. I'll do everything just leave her alone." I said using all of my force to kneel while still being tied to the chair.

"Ling, that's not the right way to treat Ms. Yoo. Let her dry herself. Give her the best clothes and bring her to my office." He said talking to the psycho before shifting to me. "I will talk to you later." He said and left the room.

His men brought me to a room to change clothes. I scanned the room to look for any possible way to escape but one of his men spoke.

"Miss, if you really love Ms. Sana, you'll do as he say." The man who stopped the psycho a while ago said. He's right, Sana will be here anytime. I should be here when she arrived.

I walked out of the room once I finished changing. There are men waiting for me outside. They lead me to an oak door at the end of the hallway.

He knocked on the door before opening it showing me the way. I entered the room as the door shut behind my back. There I saw the old man talking with the Psycho named Ling.

They stopped talking the moment they noticed my presence. Ling left the old man and went to the door posting it.

I glared at the man with hatred. I couldn't believe he can do this to his own daughter.

"Relax kid. You should hear me out before you kill me with those stares." He said as he sat signaling me to sit too.

"I've never been a good father to Sana. She's been through a lot and I don't want her to suffer from another asshole anymore." His face is full of guilt and regret. "Please accept my apology for the things we did to you. I just wanted to test you if you could really fight for her. If you really love her. If you're willing to sacrifice just to protect her."

I was surprised to everything I heard. A part of me is still mad for what he did but the way he talk right now. I could feel how much he is regretting everything he done in the past.

"I didn't know how to catch up with her. I know she hates me and probably hating me more now. Child, please help me receive forgiveness from her." His tears rolled down to his cheeks and that's the most heartbreaking scene I witnessed today. He struggled to stand up and went in front of me before crying on my hands. "Please, I want my Sana back. I tried to reach out for her but she's not giving even a single word and I was left with no choice but to use you."

"Mister." I honestly didn't know what to say.

"What should I do to make it up to her? How is she doing now? Is she eating well? Is she still afraid of thunders?" I could feel his love towards her daughter. Time and circumstances might deprive them the opportunity before but it isn't late. I held his hand and smiled at him.

"I'll help you. I know she misses you too." He cried even more and pulled me into a hug.

We talked more catching the days he's not around his princess. He laughed as I told him how Sana used to tease me before. His eyes are sparkling with joy as I told him stories about Sana. It's as if I'm reading a story book to a kid.

He's now showing me Sana's baby pictures when we heard commotions outside before we heard Sana banging the door.

"Get out here Otousan! Swear if you did anything bad to Jeongyeon, I'll forget that you are my father!"

"She loves you very much too." He giggled as he signaled Ling to open the door.

I know I shouldn't be turn on but a raging Sana looks so hot. She glared at Ling the moment he opened the door and walked straight to us. When she saw me seating beside her father, she ran to me and quickly check if Im okay.

"You really love her that much?" Her father asked. Only then she realized how cheesy she became. She must be very embarrassed with her father that she's blushing so hard.

"Dad." She whispered without looking at him. She shifted to the table and saw her baby album and the room was once again filled with her high pitched voice.

"Gosh! Daaad! What is this? Why are you showing this to her?" She said and quickly closed the album.