9

CHAPTER 9
FACETIME/ NARRATIVE

calling ale🥰...

"Pick up bitch." I say rolling my eyes, skipping through the channels on my tv so it's in the background. But he doesn't pick up, again.

"Hey, so dad and I will be back by 12, cameras aren't on but if you break any rules, we will know." My mom warns before hugging my brothers and I goodbye.

"I'm bringing a girl over so y'all gotta be chill." Jeremiah states giving us death glares, "I'm serious."

"To fuck or hangout?" I ask with a chuckle and Semaj nods waiting for Jeremiahs answer.

"We are just friends as of now, but we'll see. I don't need two more parents up my ass." Jeremiah replies and chuckles.

I hear my phone buzz on the counter violently hopefully being Alejandro calling me back. With that my brothers disappear into the void.

"Took you long enough." I chuckle teasing him as I find a good place to set my phone.

"Can't I just come over?" He asks with a cute small laugh, "I know your parents left." 

"Cameras, remember." I state even though they haven't been on. I would've invited him over but I already asked someone else to come over.

"Right." He sighs seeming disappointed which made me feel bad, "Anyways how was your day?"

"It was alright, and I can see if you could come over tomorrow." I shrug with a smile because I felt bad for lying.

"What would we even end up doing?" Alejandro questions with a loud chuckle.

"We could go to an arcade or some because tomorrow my mom doesn't work and I can take her car." I suggest, I've always loved arcade especially when they have air hockey.

"Do you even have a license?" He questions confused because I've never mentioned being able to drive.

"Yeah, but Jeremiah totaled it before we moved so now we only have the cars we need." I answer with a shrug as someone knocks on the door which caught me by surprise.

I get up real quick and answer it because it's most likely Leah, Jeremiah's new friend because Hector would've texted me.

"Leah?" I ask just making sure I have the right name, she nods and smiles. Jeremiah has good taste I might steal his bitch.

"Where is Jer?" She questions looking around the spacious living space, kitchen, and dining room area.

I was caught off guard to hear her call him Jer, he rarely lets anyone call him that. So this is a sign he must really like her.

"Upstairs to the left, you'll know which door because the game room door is always open" I chuckle answering her question.

"You still there?" I hear Alejandro ask from across the room from my phone.

"Sorry about that Jeremiah's friend came over." I answer honestly so I wouldn't be in as deep as I almost made myself.

"I thought the cameras??" He says seeming confused and lowkey hurt.

"He asked permission ahead of time and they trust him." I chuckle with a frown, no wonder they don't trust me.

A text message pops up on my screen saying Hector was here to pick me up.

"Hey, I got to go but I'll text you later to make plans for tomorrow." I smile and wave before hanging up the phone.

I take my robe off put on my hoops, grabbing my bag and heels before running out to his car. We were going to one of those underage dancer bars.

———

They pull up to my address and stop to let me out. I mean at least it was a free ride home but lowkey scary. Nobody wants to ride home in a police squad car after your friend dips on you during a what was supposed to be a shoot out.

AUTHORS THOUGHTS
The second half of this chapter went through so many ideas. But I like this final idea more. But I hate that I made Monae a liar but ANYWAYS THATLL CHANGE.

I've never gone to an underage dance bar or whatever it's called but my step mom talks about how she used to go to them

flashback chapter next.

VOTE AND COMMENT TO GET IT SOONER.