28

CHAPTER 28
NARRATIVE

I arrived at the millionth party of my life time with Hector, Vic, and Jenna. Jenna and Mattia were not a thing according to Jenna which is whatever because I'm not interested in him anymore. I'm also surprised to call both of them my friends even though I "stole" their mans just a few months ago.

"I don't fee comfortable sabotaging his relationship though." I blurt and to Jenna and Vic who roll their eyes at me. Hector had disappeared which is good I guess because he doesn't really know why the girls dragged me here.

"We aren't sabotaging anyone we are just Uh I guess spying. And from what you told us about the last interactions you had with Ale, he might still like you." Jenna shrugs as we look for the boys.

Alexia was pissed I was hanging out with Jenna and Vic, I know I've said some stuff on my part and she's said stuff too but that's before things changed. I mean I don't know why she's mad, she spends all her time with Kairi, I wanted more girl friends so I didn't have to third wheel everyday.

"Speaking of the Devil." I chuckle rolling my eyes as i spot Alejandro and Katie with Kairi and Alexia hanging out, obviously it's a party.

"Looks like she's tryna still your girl best friend too." Vic states like I couldn't see it, causing me to playfully glare at her.

"Alexia is mad at me right now, so we know she's going to do it to make me 'jealous' or some. I don't care who she's friends with, unlike her." I reply crossing my arms as we stopped not to far from them but not to close.

"Where did your cute ex boyfriend go anyways?" Jenna asks teasing me as we awkwardly danced or swayed, we weren't doing much besides just vibing to party music.

"Yeah I should text him and ask if he's alright. He came here with us and just dipped on us like that, not surprised though." I roll my eyes as I go to text him on my phone which has been tripping out recently.

It must be tripping from when I faintly remember dropping it at the party on New Years off the balcony. I guess it was to good to be true that it was "perfectly fine."

We all waited for his response like we were waiting for tour tickets, clearly we have nothing better to do. That was until Katie disappeared, homecoming all over again.

"Go talk to him, we'll be right here waiting and watching." Vic chuckles pushing me in his direction in a friendly playful kind of way.

I walk over to him even though I have no clue what I was about say. "Oh good day kind sir who broke my heart." That's just embarrassing, maybe it's not to late to turn around.

"Hey Monae." Alejandro talks over the music to me and waving. Uncertain if I was the only Monae I look behind me, like my name was Hannah or some.

"Uh hey, what's up? You and Katie good?" I question like it was a family reunion and I was asking how grades and sports were. I tend to ask about a lot of things when I'm nervous.

"Yeah Katie and I are better then good, and I'm just waiting for her to come back. Since when were you friend with Jenna and Vic don't you think they're manipulating you or some?" Alejandro questions back.

"Aren't you friends with them? That's fake friend energy right there. Who even told you that, Katie? Like she knows Vic and Jenna." I state with an overused eye roll.