26

CHAPTER 26
NARRATIVE

I finally was back in jersey, though it didn't feel right. School was about to start again, Alejandro kissed another girl, and I don't remember anything about my New Year's Eve.

"You guys aren't even dating so what's the problem? And didn't you say that you played spin the bottle so I mean it's a kissing game." Hector asks making a confused face and shrugging.

"I'm not mad I'm just confused, you know when you both admit feelings this is kind of a betrayal. And a kissing game is different then a New Years kiss, stop making me sound hypocritical." I explain with a playful frown.

"And aren't you here with me? Imagine if he knew you were at your exes to rant about his problems?" Hector questions like he is a detective and I'm getting prosecuted or some, clearly not in the mood.

"Wow I can't have friends that aren't mutuals friends with him?" I ask sarcastically before continuing, "if I told Alexia she might tell him, not that I don't trust her."

"So Im one of the girls now?" Hector jokes with a chuckle lightening the mood a little.

"You wish. I mean if you can't beat them, join them. Not in an abusive way or anything." I laugh trying to keep the mood more upbeat like he did.

We both sigh not knowing what to say next, maybe this whole situation is god telling me I picked the wrong guy. Though if I had picked Mattia I think the same would've happened.

"You should be talking to Alejandro about this situation instead of me. If y'all want to be in a relationship you gotta be able to talk to each other. This isn't the 5th grade, I'm not going to pass it on to him." Hector chuckles making a good point.

I have a bad feeling about this whole Alejandro situation, there must be more that I don't know. Actually maybe if I did choose Mattia it would've ended differently. I didn't choose him though and it's to late now and I'd feel uncomfortable trying to get back with Hector.

I lean my head on his shoulder and we relax for a few minutes, in complete silence just enjoying the presence of a familiar person. Before I knew it Hector was passing me one of his many wax pens to help me calm down so I could have more fun.

———

It was late which I mean 10 by the time I got home which meant I had spent a couple of hours there. We mainly played GTA and smoked like the irresponsible teenagers we are.

"Mom's pissed you didn't tell her where you were and wants to talk. Plus you should talk to your certain cheating bitch ass boyfriend." Jeremiah states coming out of nowhere as I take my shoes off at the door.

"I don't know what I'm supposed to say to him and why is mom mad I'm home before curfew?" I question rolling my eyes, not in the mood for games.

"It's not that, you didn't tell her where you were going and she finds out you're at your ex boyfriends having revenge sex or something." Jeremiah shrugs, he's always been honest and straightforward.

"We didn't do anything that we weren't supposed to." I lie because I'm not allowed to do anything with drugs I'd get sent away or some.

"Well if you want mom to believe that you better change." Jeremiah chuckles before disappearing again, like he was just some messenger bird.

I quickly change into something more like pajamas and go find my mom in the office space. Not looking amused as I knocked on the already opened door.

My stepdad took an extra shift tonight I'm assuming, why else would mom be spending the night alone on the computer in the office?

"So why did Hector's parents call me to tell me you were eating dinner there? I thought you were with Alexia?" My mom asks turning her swivel chair to face me.

"I thought you would say no if I went to his house because of our past and you not liking him. I promise you nothing happened besides picking up hoes on GTA." I answer honestly with a chuckle trying to lighten the mood.

I sit down on the bright orange out of place bean bag as I wait for my mom to continue the conversation or lecture or whatever this is. I think it was Semaj's idea to even get this bright thing he was like, "it needs a splash of color." Now it looks like we got a room out of a magazine.

"You're lucky I'm not in the mood to ground you but next time I will. And you're only off the hook because I heard about Alejandro." Mom replies ignoring my shitty try at making her laugh.

"How does everyone know? Especially you, you're the parent how do they find out the gossip?" I question curiously with and awkward laugh.

"I heard the boys talking about it at lunch, you should go talk to him and get an explanation." My mom suggests with one of those half smiles.

"Right now? Or whenever i feel like it?" I ask wanting her to clear it up and give me a specific answer.

"I suggest you do it right now, it's ultimately up to you but the longer you wait there more anxious or stressed you'll be." She shrugs before ushering me out of the office to make my decision.

I stand outside of that door thinking about if I should do it now. Everything in my mind and body says now but it's also saying no.

Without fully knowing what I was going to say or really do I was at his front door waiting for an answer. To my luck he answered the door but doesn't let me in.

"Hey, what's up with this Katie girl? What about us?" I question as i bite my lip because I'm uncomfortable. I felt like I was going to cry, everything was catching up to me.

"There is no us, I'm with Katie now."

SAHARS NOTES
I deleted the original version because a queen
inspired me. I do not regret that decision LMAOO. And I do not know if hector actually smokes so.

YES I KNOW him and Katie aren't talking anymore. This is a book, not real life she's just here to add drama.

VOTE FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER y'all have been fLOPPING.