25

CHAPTER 25
NARRATIVE / IMESSAGE

I sit in my bedroom at my dads just vibing to my playlist tonight was New Years eve, my dad was invited to an "adult" New Years party so I'd spend the night alone which is no biggie. I am a little bummed I can't party with the gang, but I could see if my cousin Noel is going to a party so I'm not locked up in this room all night.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay? It's not a big deal." My dad asks with a shrug as he knocks on my door, all dressed up and ready for his party.

"All I need is my bed, Netflix, and my music, it's cool, I'm still young." I reply with a small chuckle before continuing, "Go find yourself a lady already."

"Damn you really want to get rid of me huh?" my dad teases me, before hugging me goodbye.

After my dad left I turned my music back on, poured a bottle of jack into a cup like any other cliche teen book character would and chilled.

"Bruh it's crazy to think y'all still have like eight hours until New Years and I got three." I state over FaceTime with Alexia who was at Kairi's house, while he showers.

"I'm guessing you're not going to a party then?" She questions rolling over in the bed she was laying in.

"Girl you do remember I know like nobody here, and my cousin ain't sending me no addy." I chuckle shaking my head.

"Right right, rip to Alejandro not being your New Years kiss this year." Alexia laughs rubbing it in my face playfully in a friendly way.

"I mean it's not like we are official or anything so who knows if we'd actually end up having a New Years kiss." I shrug getting all in my feels falling backwards in my bed from a sitting up position.

"You didn't hear this from me, but he's always bringing you up when I'm with the boys like I'm not there. Does he think I'm not going to tell you or some?" Alexia replies with a small chuckle.

"Are you going to tell me what he said or?" I question making a face waiting for her to spill the tea.

Alexia's side goes mute and black for a second before her head pops back into the screen and waves goodbye with a goofy face.

"Bitch." I mumble jokingly after she had ended the FaceTime call because she never told me what was said about me. Though it was probably all good things, I mean from what she made it sound like.

After a few minutes of chilling with my music and sketching I receive a text from my cousin.

———

Noel the goat

9:32 pm

Noel the goat:
Still down for a party?

Monae:
WHEN DID YOU CHANGE YOUR
CONTACT NAME ON MY PHONE?!

Monae:
AND obviously

Noel the goat:
When else??? I literally saw you
once this trip.

Noel the goat:
Well get ready because I'm pulling
up in a few to pick you up.

Monae:
BETT