24

CHAPTER 24
NARRATIVE

I lie in the bed I'd had for years at my dads house, the sunrise was pretty even though most days were gloomy. I'd only been in France 3 days and I could swear I'd been 3 months with all this rain/snow. Kind of wishing I was part Australian or some so I could be in the sun.

"Knock knock." My dad chimes, walking through the already half opened door. Parents have no boundaries sometimes, what if I was naked?

Our cat Slim Jim that was once curled up in a ball besides me scurried away into the distance, probably looking for his lover Hannah Montana our other cat. I named the cats when I was around 6, Slim Jim was originally Lily but I didn't realize it was a male and Oliver, Rico, and Jackson didn't fit him. He only became slim Jim because I was eating one while trying to think of a new name.

"It's 12 already, you should come and eat my burnt pancakes. Look, before you say anything, I haven't cooked for anyone else besides myself in months." My dad chuckles before starting to leave my room.

"We need to get you a girlfriend or something." I tease back, dad shaking his head in disagreement and continues on his way as I follow him into the kitchen.

"I was in one but we broke it off, and there is this one lady who lives next door though." My dad shrugs handing me the plate of pancakes which were actually barely burnt.

My cell starts buzzing in my back pocket so I slide my phone out to check who it is. How would I know if it was a spam call or someone important if I didn't look.

"Shhh my mans is calling don't embarrass me." I chuckle answering Alejandro's call and setting my phone up against the flower pot in the middle of the table.

"Hi to my favorite wannabe French." Alejandro teases as he lays in his bed holding his phone up so I could see his face. When I used to call Hector half of the time I saw the ceiling.

"Isn't it like early there? And guess who got pancakes." I smile getting overly happy/excited because of pancakes.

"Hi I'm dad, I made pancakes, pancakes win girls over." My dad laughs popping his head in to the screen so Alejandro could see.

"Monae's dad I'll remember that for the future, and It's only 7 here, but I couldn't go back to sleep so it's whatever. How's the trip so far?" Ale asks rolling over in his bed.

"We haven't done much yet I mean I've only been here like three days. We might visit my cousins and play in the snow later today." I answer, stuffing my face with pancakes drenched in syrup.

Alejandro laughs at me and takes those FaceTime screenshots as he watches me eat like a pig. While my dad looks at me like I'm weird, before continuing to clean up the mess he had made cooking.

"When she eats like a dog in front you, you know she's the one." Alejandro teases causing me to shake my head and roll my eyes at him.

"Get a room you two." My dad jokes throwing the dish towel at my head playfully.

"At least I need a room." I diss my dad teasingly because he's single and refuses to let me find him a fair lady. This comment makes everyone laugh and makes me smile, I love seeing my old man happy, especially after the hell back in South Carolina.

After the divorce with my mom he clearly wasn't the happiest, I guess nowadays we'd call him a fuck boy. Everyone just loves the damn accent, but soon enough he finally came to his senses and found himself a long term lady. Not long enough though, they never moved in together, and I don't think she knew about me.

———

We finally arrive at my cousins place, I hadn't seen them since summer. There is quite of few of them, I mean this is a family gathering type sitch. First is Claire who just turned two, Chase and Chance the brats who are 15 and 13. The oldest cousin that most likely will show up is Noel who is 18, lastly is Maeve and Bellamy, 6 and 9, who are Noel's half sisters. That doesn't count for my aunts, uncles, their partners, and my live grandparent.

First thing I notice when walking into the "children's area" Chase and Chance are on the switch, Bellamy and Maeve are hanging out with the baby, and Noel is on his phone.

"I must be hella late or some." I joke sitting down on the couch waiting for someone to realize my arrival.

"I do be forgetting you have an American accent sometimes." Noel laughs turning his phone off and setting it aside. I had always been decently close to Noel, it's probably because we are close in age though.

"Anyways whats the tea with you and the girl from summer, whats her name? Katherine? You never texted me about it like I asked." I state growing my old summer curiosity back.

"Hey hey I forgot, but things didn't workout, we tried dating and it only lasted like three weeks. What about you though? Find a new mans or still with whatever his name was?" Noel questions as he grabs a bag of chips out of nowhere.

"I don't remember if I was dating Hector over the summer, I probably was but we broke up after the move. Then I met these guys and said hi to a love triangle type shit. Then Hector moved to jersey too and it became a love square or some. But now I guess I'm kind of dating Alejandro, I don't even know to be honest." I explain, summarizing pretty much the whole school year so far.

"Sounds like a cliche ass movie or book, they always have those love triangles." Noel chuckles, and Chase and Chance glare at us like they don't cuss.

"Family gatherings are highkey boring now that we older." I state with a sigh, trying to think of something to do besides playing with electronics.

"We could play a board game or like hide and seek with with Maeve and Bella, or we could go live on your tiktok and give me clout." Noel jokes as he gets up to grab the uno cards from across the room.

AUTHORS NOTES
was going to make this chapter longer but I got bored. If school gets cancelled I'll try and write more though.

WROTE THIS BEFORE SCHOOL CANCELLED, we are cancelled as of now until April 14 I think.

VOTE, TANKS