18

CHAPTER 18
NARRTIVE

I cute myself up for the party we were going to head to in an hour, Alexia was our designated driver for the night. She hates alcohol and has to go marijuana free for a few more weeks because of a drug test so she can get a job.

I was debating whether I should overdress or dress normal. I end up deciding to wear my yellow plaid skirt with a black tucked in one piece top which is considered my normal for non school things.

Alexia had barely just got her license so she isn't even supposed to drive with friends yet or after 10 pm. But she won't get caught if she isn't breaking any other laws.

Checking my phone out of boredom I realize I got two missed FaceTimes from Alejandro and a text from him. Must've forgotten to turn off do not disturb after school.

"Okay clingy, hey." I tease after Alejandro answered my call back. Rolling his eyes as he admires my face, which makeup is in progress on. At least I wear subtle makeup and doubt he even noticed.

"Anyways you almost ready? I want to come over because I'm bored." Alejandro asks with a chuckle setting his phone down against something.

"Could've just texted me that, idiot." I state giving him a kind of confused face and snicker a little.

"I wasn't originally going to say that, but fine I'll just stay home." He replies with a frown and crosses his arms.

"You play to much, but you can come over or whatever, Alexia should be here soon." I start and watch him playfully smile huge as fuck, "shit my parents are here though, I guess we could chill on the porch though."

———

We finally pull up to the party, it's already so packed we had to park on the next street over. Alexia looked hyped, bouncing in her seat or whatever. While Alejandro and I shared a few glances towards each other throughout the whole ride.

"We meet back here at 12 if 12 doesn't shut it down sooner." I chuckle and shrug as we hop out of the car. You could feel the music from the street behind it.

We are greeted by the host of the party, Sam. I heard he doesn't normally greet, but he happened to be by the front door. I watch as he checks me out or some, I ain't got time to assume though because I have enough boy problems.

We meet Mattia and Kairi in the kitchen which is a cliche ass party location setting in books but I mean gotta start somewhere. I guess Alexia and Kairi are actually a thing now, because without even saying bye they link arms and walk into the crowd to dance.

"What about Roshaun and Alvaro?" I question curiously as to why they weren't hanging out with Mattia while waiting for us, I thought they were getting a ride from Mattia.

"Probably out in the crowd ugly dancing or something." Mattia jokes with a laugh, "I mean I gave them a ride so they're obviously here."

"Well lets go and find them or at least enjoy the music and dance then!" I yell over the music hyped, lowkey surprised by the sudden burst of energy and hype I felt. Both the boys shake their heads with one of those smile laughs before we head into the crowd.

I had lost the boys by whatever song, they could've been gone for 15 minutes and I wouldn't have noticed. I only noticed once some perv started grinding up on me. I make my way back to the kitchen and pour myself a red cup. Sam the host comes over to me, this night will be so fun.

"What's a lady like you doing at a party sitting alone?" He questions with a smirk, causing me to mentally throwing up. He's cute but his vibes make me uncomfortable.

"Just waiting for my friends." I chuckle making it quick and shrug, shifting uncomfortably. Hopefully this man takes a hint that I don't want him.

"Well you didn't hear this from me, but your buddy Alejandro is over their making out with some chick, I think her name is Vic or something." Sam points towards the hallway next to the stairs which is partially hidden, but at the right angle you could see.

Why would he tell me this? Nobody knows how I feel about Alejandro. He acts like this is going to get me in the sheets or something.

"Um okay and?" I ask with a little bit of attitude because I wanted to be left alone.

"Well you were waiting for your friends, thought I'd tell you where one of them was." He shrugs in phony defense, I know he trying to get me all heartbroken or some.

Finally he walks away leaving me in peace, until the one the only Hector shows up in front of me. Great another person I really didn't care to talk to tonight.

"What are you doing here?" I question him as he grabs a whole bottle, don't think Sam will dig that but then again I don't know the boy.

"I'd ask you the same thing, but a guy can't just go party?" Hector replies with a question but it sounded more like a statement, "you never really were a party person either so."

"I thought I was a party person, I didn't party often though because of my dad and trying to not get caught coming home was hard." I answer rolling my eyes but let out a sincere chuckle, a long time ex boyfriend didn't even know me.

"Okay anyways do you want to go home or some, your energy be feeling down recently?" Hector questions because I guess I've been acting like I was in a bad mood.

"I lowkey do but I told them I'd stay till 12." I chuckle with a small yawn, refilling my red cup with the first thing I find, "my lazy ass misses my bed right now,"

"I would take you home but my buddy drove me here so I'm kind of stuck here like you, unless we call an Uber or lift." He explains and I shrug.

I see Alejandro finally approaching the kitchen, but I'm not in the mood so I drag Hector somewhere else. Hector makes a confused face as I do so, before shrugging it off because I was always like this.

"You know I'm not blind or dumb." Alejandro states approaching us in the side the hallway I tried to hide from him in. I hear a small quiet chuckle come from Hector causing me to hit his arm in response.

"Okay maybe I didn't see you." I reply with some fake excuse crossing my arms across my chest with the same energy he gave me, and the two boys roll their eyes at me.

"You looked me dead in the eye Monae, don't be silly." Alejandro says defending his case, his vibes felt different. It felt like he was annoyed with me, yet I wasn't the one who asked him to go to homecoming while kissing up on another girl. What is his problem today?

"Guys I'm so glad I found you, everyone thinks someone here has a gun."

NOTES/THOUGHTS
I hate this chapter like I hate writing parties but yet I do it. Yes I'm making homecoming in December because nearly 20 chapters and it's only October? NO. I know it isn't realistic but did i ask? But this is probably the longest chapter I've written in awhile.

VOTE AND COMMENT. The comments here be dry as fuck.